Sonar compatable side-chain-able Multi-Band compressor...

Adeamus

New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2008
Heya guys

So I'm quite deep into mixing my band, Screaming Mechanical Brain, new full length record. The issue that keeps coming up could basically be summed up as "Guitars, Vocals, Synth: Pick two"

The synth and the vocals really hate each other with having the huge amount of frequency space already being used up by high gain guitars, so we've been side-chaining the saw-leads and such to the main vocal. Its a quick and dirty fix, and it works no doubt, but I was wondering if there was a multi-band compressor that you can side-chain that is compatible with Sonar?

I'm just un-aware of any and I'm willing to spend some cash to get one. I keep finding side-chain-able ones like the various Waves multi-bands but they all only allow side-chaining in Pro-Tools.

So, any ideas?

you could make your own, basically send the track to a bus and set up 3 or 4 aux tracks with multiband compressors on them with the same crossover frequencies, ratios set to 1 and appropriate bands turned off. use the multibands as filters to split the frequency and then apply a normal sidechain comp to do your ducking. i hope that makes sense