SonarWorks?

There is a free trial so im Definitely going to try this since I have 2 models of head phones listed on their profiles. If this works it would be an awesome addition to my auratone and Adams since I don't have the most perfect acoustic environment.

Just tried it on my SRH840 and I must say it made it much closer to my Yamaha HS7 monitors. Pretty cool I guess.

And the NS-10 simualor profile made it downright horrible. :lol: Might have to buy this shit...

I just gave the trial a go and not sure what to think. It does make it sound flatter it's just my ears used to the inherent freq curve from the my m50's that force my brain to not want to use it.

Just tried it with 702's.

Gives deeper low end, while taking away some of the fizzyness.

Didn't compare it to my monitors, but it seems promising.

Tried with my 7506 and audiotechica and definetly feel it gives a flatter image. I think im gonna pull the trigger on this one

They offer a service where you can send in your headphones too for custom made profiles.

Does this mean I could buy a cheap pair of headphones from Walmart and get a custom made profile to make them flat? In theory that makes sense right? But in practice I am unsure.

In theory yes but we all know that's not entirely the case. If the speakers / architecture of the headphones themselves can't handle the full spectrum then no EQ is gonna overturn that I believe.

They would probably get close and WAY more usable but not perfect. I decided I don't like this on my M50s.

I dont really understand this thread. Correct me if im wrong, but a perfectly flat response isnt the golden egg of mixing/translating. If that were the case we would all use clinical measurement microphones and speakers. This reminds me of that antares plugin which turns any mic into a different mic. Its not that same as recording with that mic its only and eq move to create a similar response.