Kush Audio UBK-1

matt youwin

pumping the mids
Jul 6, 2006
New Zealand
Has anyone here tried the UBK-1? I've been playing around with the demo and it's seems pretty decent, you can get some pretty diverse sounds out of it. The whole work-flow is pretty unique too, the videos on their site give you a good overview.

They're running a half price special which runs out in a few days I think...thinking I'll go ahead with it. Curious to hear what people think of it for metal production...

http://www.wavedistribution.com/webstore/store.html

I don't think this plugin will really pop up here...
I tried it quickly and was really impressed by the amount of tone you can get.
Added it to my plugin I need to buy list;)

UBK has an amazing ear for compression, I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out for VST. The aesthetic they go for seems totally different than Metal but at the same time good processors aren't really genre specific IMO; damn near everyone doing audio wants punchy drums / fat bass / soaring vocals etc. etc!

According to a gearslutz thread, the half price sale ends tonight at midnight. I'm on the fence but I'll probably get it.

Pulled the trigger, seems good so far but I've only been playing around a little, looking forward to using it 'properly' in a mix. Seems like it might be best suited to bass and vocals for some reason, haven't managed great results with it on drums yet.

So after a couple of hours playing with it I can't live without:D

Two things I really like about it are:
-how you can really shape textures and tone with it
-ability to put element forward on a mix but let me explain a little about this concept...

Btw following content are only my vision and perception.
When working otb/hybrid with a LFAC, you try to bring element upfront and in your face. Working ITB, you work for achieve the opposite because everything is already upfront/in your face.
Challenging part is to create deep and space and ubk1 is the first plugin I found doing that (if you want).

You can really gel and glue track together with it.

Actually I get great result using for para drum compression, drum room, kick and bg vocals.

My French 2cents:D

YES YES YES. Find the other thread started about UBK-1 in here to hear my thought on it.

Can't live without it now. Bar-none one of the best compressor/limiters/saturators/movement generator (which NO PLUG can do right now like UBK-1 can).

Fucking buy it NOW..

YES YES YES. Find the other thread started about UBK-1 in here to hear my thought on it.

Can't live without it now. Bar-none one of the best compressor/limiters/saturators/movement generator (which NO PLUG can do right now like UBK-1 can).

Fucking buy it NOW..

Great description: movement generator!!!
This plug is just perfect when you want gel/glue element together, but at the same time put those elements on the back...

I really love it on modern rock kick, snare layer, para drum bus (followed by phoenix) and believe it or not on bg vocals:kickass: