Sonata Arctica in Raleigh, NC

Thorshammer69

Mar 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Did anyone else get to check them out at Vol.11 last night? They put on a kick ass show last night. Their support was Mutiny Within, and Power Glove which although not my usual taste in music, also tore it up. It was my first chance to see S.A. even though I have most of their stuff. Other than not playing Blank File (my fav.) I still had a blast!!

Caught the show in Atlanta on Friday, enjoyed it.

Currently looking for an excuse to be at my in-laws in Apex to catch Overkill in November....

The show was much better than I thought it might be as far as turn out. I'm not a Sonata Artica fan but it was pretty good. The Powerglove band is really good but the gimmick runs old really quickly. The Mutiny Within band I had no interest at all just another cookie cutter Roadrunner band.
The Thousand Shields opening band was really good. That band could grow into something neat. I had gotten so burnt out on progressive metal bands so I stepped back from them for awhile. I suppose I was away long enough to now stand one.

Unfortunately, I got to the show a little late, and only heard the last song by A Thousand Shields so I didn't hear enough to form an opinion. Mutinu Within is definately a cookie cutter band, but better than most others like them.

I just got back from the Jaxx show and it was pretty good. Unfortunately, another commitment delayed me getting there until Mutiny Within's last song. It was hot as hell, and Sonata put on a pretty good show, tho I haven't found a Sonata show that topped the night at Jaxx during the "Reckoning Night" tour. The house was rocking that night!

BTW, I was rather pleasantly surprised that they were selling CDs at a pretty good price. ($10) Since I didn't have the new one, I picked it up.

Had a great time.
Not the biggest Sonata fan but have to say I really enjoyed their set....more so than when they played PP.
Mutiny Within, while nothing ground breaking were a solid band that I actually enjoyed.
Powerglove....mildly amusing...for a song or two.
A Thousand Shields....local band, with what i think, is a killer upside. Really enjoyed them and would definitely head out to see them again.