Sonata Arctica US Headline Tour

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Finnish melodic metallers SONATA ARCTICA will embark on a North American headlining tour in the spring. Support will come from MUTINY WITHIN and POWERGLOVE.

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 02 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Apr. 03 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Apr. 05 - New York, NY @ Gramercy Theater
Apr. 06 - Quebec City, QC @ Imperial
Apr. 07 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Apr. 09 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Apr. 10 - Detroit, MI @ Blondies
Apr. 11 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
Apr. 12 - St Paul, MN @ Station 4
Apr. 13 - Winnipeg, MB @ WECC
Apr. 15 - Calgary, AB @ Warehouse
Apr. 16 - Edmonton, AB @ Starlite Room
Apr. 18 - Vancouver, BC @ Venue
Apr. 19 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Apr. 20 - Portland, OR @ Peters Room
Apr. 22 - San Francisco, CA @ Slims
Apr. 23 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Apr. 24 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 25 - Mesa , AZ @ U.B.'s
Apr. 27 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
Apr. 28 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
Apr. 30 - Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
May 01 - Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11
May 02 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

I am very bummed to see Powerglove on this tour....never heard of the other band. I will still go to see Sonata but I am getting tired of bands touring with terrible line ups....I think Sonata is taking the crown away from Edguy on this one.

Me too!
But anyway, I'll go to support SA since they're headlining. I skipped their opening tours with Nightwish and with Dragonforce, so I'm more than ready for a full set. April 3- Palladium and, with luck, maybe April 10 in Detroit too! :)

Finnish melodic metallers SONATA ARCTICA will embark on a North American headlining tour in the spring. Support will come from MUTINY WITHIN and POWERGLOVE.

What the hell is that Powerglove band? They will be the opening act of 2 tours at about the same time, Hammerfall and Sonata Arctica???

I mean I'll see them with Hammerfall on March 10, and I could see them again less than a month later with Sonata?

Why aren't bands like Astral Doors, Jaded Heart, Firewind, Thunderstone, Wolf or Lions Share for example getting to open these kind of tours like Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica or Edguy?

Powerglove must have a good booking agent...

I love Sonata, but this package blows.
I swear, touring packages have been getting worse and worse the past couple of years.

In this tough economy, every headlining band is NOT book them and they will come.

Sonata opening for DragonForce is what got me out to see both bands after skipping both of their previous headlining tours (who both had openers I didn't care for).

I love Sonata, but this package blows.
I swear, touring packages have been getting worse and worse the past couple of years.

Really? Sure, Powerglove might be a bit of stretch (I can't really take that stuff serious), but Mutiny Within is pretty damn good. Their singer even sounds a bit like Tony from Sonata A when he sings in his higher range.

c.

I really want to go, but I'm holding off for now in case I get a job finally and I can't make the Chicago date. I think packages are mixed. I mean yeah, this lineup isn't that good but then you get the BTBAM tour which is one of the best tour packages I've ever seen.

(I can't really take that stuff serious),

But what's to be taken seriously? The fact they are named after one of the crappiest video game controllers to ever be invented should be some indication that they do their thing with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Whether you like the band or not, HUGE props must be given to this band for doing their thing virtually DIY. I know for a fact a few labels have been trying to sign this band but due the royalty issues that come with being a cover band, it would be very difficult for a label to make any money off of their music to warrant an investment. Perhaps someone has/will worked/work out a solution to this and the band will find a label soon, but until then they managed to hook up with a "legit" (*cough cough*, Finberg isn't exactly a saint) agency on their own without any label assistance. I've yet to see any other metal band really do this.

The fact they are named after one of the crappiest video game controllers to ever be invented should be some indication that they do their thing with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Nerd alert :lol:

I had no idea about that - I've actually never played any video games until last year when my kid got a wii (and I've so far only played a few games on that one). Computer games / video games never had my interest. Life's too short for that nerdy stuff.

:)

Nerd alert :lol:

I had no idea about that - I've actually never played any video games until last year when my kid got a wii (and I've so far only played a few games on that one). Computer games / video games never had my interest. Life's too short for that nerdy stuff.

:)
Yea, if you take it too seriously, but I like it for a quick break at work as opposed to the old cigarette break.

I will DEFINITELY be there at the Jaxx show! I skipped out on their tour with Dragonforce since I figured Dragonforce would bring out too many 14 year old Hot Topic products and video gamers for me to be able to tolerate.

But damn, Powerglove again? The thing that really gets me about these guys is that they call themselves Video Game metal, and yet they don't have a keyboardist. HOW CAN YOU HAVE VIDEO GAME MUSIC WITHOUT KEYBOARDS???