SOILWORK NA Headline Tour w JEFF LOOMIS, BLACKGUARD and more

Agree 100% about Louisiana.

In New Orleans, we really only have the HOB which is controlled by live nation. Most bands dont touch that place now because of the large % LN takes.

The city club in Houma seems to only like bands like Saliva and Pop Evil these days. :zzz:

Baton Rouge has that small club that likes indie hardcore acts (Spanish Moon?) and the varisty is too hipster to even book King's X nowadays (they had them 3 times in 2 years back in 2000-2001). It was awesome.

I assuming that "relevant" is a subjective opinion based on your personal taste correct? "The Panic Broadcast" cracked the Top 100 chart here last time.

Yeaaaaah... I'm gonna have to take that one back. I hated their last three albums, but "The Living Infinite" is phenomenal and possibly the best piece of work they've ever done. I was kind of disappointed when they were announced for PPUSA, but after hearing it I'm looking forward to hearing those songs live.

SOILWORK Forced To Shuffle Upcoming Texas Tour Dates

Swedish bashers SOILWORK are currently on the road in the US and have checked in from Texas, where they've been forced to shuffle the dates on their tour schedule. They have checked in with the following update:

"We sincerely apologize regarding the show/venue changes on our upcoming Texas dates. We've faced some technical issues in updating the tour dates, which have finally been solved. We're truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Luckily, we're playing no less than nine shows in the Lone Star State; hopefully enough for all of you to catch us tearing it up live!"

Edited opening post dates to reflect this...

I saw them in Dallas and the sound tighter and better than ever. They played a great setlist, even though there are a couple new songs I wished they would have played plus a couple old tracks. They didn't play anything from Sworn and only played 2 songs pre Natural Born Chaos.

I was hoping for Vesta and Whispers and Lights. I talked to Dirk for a while and they are excited to play progpower. I told him the band will have the best time there and he was excited to see some of the bands himself.

I saw them in Dallas and the sound tighter and better than ever. They played a great setlist, even though there are a couple new songs I wished they would have played plus a couple old tracks. They didn't play anything from Sworn and only played 2 songs pre Natural Born Chaos.

I think they only played 5 new songs (at least at the show I went to) because the album just dropped as they were starting the tour. I'm sure when they come back they'll play more new ones. I hope next time around they play more off TPB and Sworn.

I know what you mean. I will still need to be at the office the next morning, but I can't miss it.

I know that date, day-of-week, venue, other people's availability, etc, are always considerations of course, but I couldn't help but notice... isn't the Beaumont TX show technically a lot closer to you than the Houston TX show? :)

I have nothing against road warriors. I have nothing against Blackguard and my opinion of their music is irrelevant here. However, my issue is that I just don't get the feeling they are on the verge of stepping up to the next level despite the work they are putting in. I had the opposite feeling with bands like In Flames & Bodom. I don't think Blackguard are any closer to a direct support slot now on any tour than a headliner slot despite the numerous tours. At some point, you have to step up or you start to become a punchline. They are following the same path that Into Eternity took at the moment.

On the flip side, look at Alestorm. They tour a hell of a lot and I can see them moving up to a headline slot in the future based on crowd reaction every time I have seen them.

I think Alestorm is a good example. I like them, but I'm not the absolute hugest fan... yet I have to give credit where due, and they put on a damn good live show. On their last tour a couple years ago (which also happened to feature Blackguard as an opener), the night after they played direct support to Kamelot in Orlando, they headlined a crowd of perhaps 100 - 150 in Tampa... and most of those 100 - 150 were fairly young... I'd say 75% younger than me, if I recall correctly.