Moonsorrow 2010 spring tour..

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Just an FYI...

A 2010 spring tour w/ Finntroll, Swallow The Sun and Survivors Zero confirmed. The dates are as follows:

Apr. 06 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Apr. 07 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
Apr. 08 - New York City, NY @ Grammercy Theater
Apr. 09 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium
Apr. 10 - Montreal, QC @ Club Soda
Apr. 11 - Quebec City, QC @ Imperial
Apr. 12 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
Apr. 13 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabodys
Apr. 14 - Detroit, MI @ Blondie's
Apr. 15 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Apr. 16 - Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
Apr. 17 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
Apr. 19 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird
Apr. 21 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Apr. 22 - Vancouver, BC @ Red Room
Apr. 23 - Portland, OR @ Peters Room
Apr. 24 - San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside
Apr. 25 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 26 - Mesa, AZ @ U.B.'s
Apr. 27 - Tucson, AZ @ The Rock
Apr. 29 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
Apr. 30 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
May 01 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater

It's possible...but I think things are still being evenly distributed in and around the city. Here is a list of concerts over the next few weeks that I have compiled through various sources...and I know I am probably missing a few:

January 12- Korpiklaani & TYR (Jaguar Club- Lemont, IL)
January 21- Nile, Immolation, Krisiun, Abigail Williams, Dreaming Dead (Metro- Chicago)
January 29- Arch Enemy, Exodus, Arsis, Mutiny Within (House of Blues- Chicago)
January 30- Pentagram, The Gates of Slumber (Empty Bottle- Chicago)
February 4- Epica, Threat Signal, Blackguard (Logan Square Auditorium- Chicago)
February 7- D.R.I. (Reggie's Rock Club- Chicago)
March 12- Kreator, Voivod, Nachtmystium, Evile, Lazarus AD (The Bottom Lounge- Chicago)
March 14- Orphaned Land, Suidakra, Indian, A Storm of Light (The Bottom Lounge- Chicago)
March 15- Hammerfall, Powerglove (Metro- Chicago)
April 9- Overkill, Vader, God Dethroned, Warbringer, Evile, War of Tyrants (Metro- Chicago)
April 11- Sonata Arctica, Mutiny Within, Powerglove (House of Blues- Chicago)
April 16- Finntroll, Moonsorrow, Swallow the Sun, Survivors Zero (The Bottom Lounge- Chicago)

Guess it depends on your definition of epic metal.

Manilla Road are epic metal, but my guess is that Moonsorrow is not of the same ilk!

Jason, Moonsorrow does have a very epic/big sound. They create an atmosphere with their music like few bands do. Swallow The Sun and Moonsorrow on the same bill makes sense, but they're two different bands in their own right. If you like STS, then odds are, you're going to dig Moonsorrow though.

~Brian~

I'm a Voimasta ja Kunniasta fan myself. Mostly because I don't know if they've topped the song Kylan Paasa...ever (and I'm glad it's pretty much a live staple too).

Just an FYI...

A 2010 spring tour w/ Finntroll, Swallow The Sun and Survivors Zero confirmed. The dates are as follows:

Apr. 14 - Detroit, MI @ Blondie's

This is one of the tours I'm most looking forward to seeing. I'm not familiar with Survivors Zero. But I love Swallow the Sun and Moonsorrow. Finntroll is a fun folk-metal band. Yet I haven't developed as much of an appreciation for them as I have for the other bands. Maybe seeing them live would do the trick.

I hope this tour does well. I'd like to see more tours like this in the States.

Thanks for posting, Zod!

Bill

P.S. I kind of like Moonsorrow's "EP" Tulimyrsky. For an EP it's massive. Like Zod said...EPIC!