SOILWORK NA Headline Tour w JEFF LOOMIS, BLACKGUARD and more

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/192877 :

On March 12th, 2013, Swedish melodic metal maestros SOILWORK will kick-off their world tour in North America – their first time headlining in this territory in almost three years. The 54-show trek through the US and Canada will feature support from JEFF LOOMIS, BLACKGUARD, THE BROWNING, and WRETCHED.

“With [the new album] The Living Infinite nearing completion, all of us in Soilwork are excited to announce the first of many killer tours to come!”, states drummer Dirk Verbeuren. “We can’t wait to take some of our new songs to the stage and with two CDs worth of material, picking a set list is gonna be interesting to say the least… We look forward to once again bringing you metal the Soilwork way!”

General admission tickets are available at EnterTheVault.com as of October 30th and will go on sale through all normal ticketing systems on November 17th.

VIP Meet & Greet packages (which include early entry plus a shirt of choice from the band’s merchandise) are available only through Enterthevault.com.

Tour dates:

Mar. 12 - Empire - West Springfield, VA
Mar. 13 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Mar. 14 - Bogie's - Albany, NY
Mar. 15 - The Gramercy Theater - New York, NY
Mar. 16 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT
Mar. 17 - Petit Campus - Montreal, QC - CANADA
Mar. 18 - Union Commerciale - Quebec City, QC - CANADA
Mar. 19 - Mavericks - Ottawa, ON - CANADA
Mar. 20 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON - CANADA
Mar. 21 - Altar Bar - Pittsburgh, PA
Mar. 22 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
Mar. 23 - Token Lounge - Westland, MI
Mar. 24 - The Rave - Milwaukee, WI
Mar. 25 - Mojoes - Joliet, IL
Mar. 26 - Wooly's - Des Moines, IA
Mar. 27 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
Mar. 28 - Park Theatre - Winnipeg, MB - CANADA
Mar. 29 - The Exchange - Regina, SK - CANADA
Mar. 30 - Republik- Calgary, AB - CANADA
Mar. 31 - Starlite Room - Edmonton, AB - CANADA

Apr. 01 - The Generator - Prince George, B.C. - CANADA
Apr. 02 - Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, B.C. - CANADA
Apr. 03 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
Apr. 04 - Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, OR
Apr. 06 - Whiskey a go go - Hollywood, CA ( new Venue )
Apr. 07 - Rocky Point Cantina - Tempe, AZ
Apr. 08 - The Rock - Tucson, AZ
Apr. 09 - Las Vegas Country Saloon - Las Vegas, NV
Apr. 11 - In The Venue - Salt Lake City, UT
Apr. 12 - Gothic Theater - Englewood, CO
Apr. 13 - Riot Room - Kansas City, MO
Apr. 14 - The Firebird - St. Louis, MO
Apr. 15 - Trees - Dallas, TX
Apr. 16 - Backstage Live - San Antonio, TX
Apr 17 - Dirty Dog Bar - Austin, TX
Apr 18 - Tricky Falls - El Paso, TX
Apr 20 - Click's - Tyler, TX
Apr 21 - FMX Big Purple Party - Lubbock, TX
Apr 22 - House of Rock - Corpus Christi, TX
Apr 23 - The Gig - Beaumont, TX
Apr 24 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX
Apr. 26 - State Theater - St. Petersburg, FL
Apr. 27 - Freebird Live - Jacksonville, FL
Apr. 28 - The Casbah - Charlotte, NC
Apr. 29 - Kingdom - Richmond, VA
Apr. 30 - Soundstage - Baltimore, MD
May 01 - Mexicali Live - Teaneck, NJ
May 02 - The Chance Theater - Poughkeepsie, NY
May 03 - Broadway Joes - Buffalo, NY
May 04 - Al Rosa Villa - Columbus, OH
May 05 - Music Hall - London, ON - CANADA
May 06 - Lost Horizon - Syracuse, NY
May 07 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA

More on Soilwork at this location.

Saw that on the Vault a couple weeks back.
That's a VERY long tour.
Also a very diverse lineup. Not really my thing.
I would be curious to hear how this one does.

They go from March 12th all the way until April 10th before they have a day off. That's fucking insane. I'll catch this for sure though just for Soilwork and Loomis.

Two shows in California, nine in Texas...I know Texas is a big state, but do they really have enough draw to get nine solid crowds in Texas?

Good luck to them. 54 shows in 57 days? That's tough. I'll likely see them at The Webster in CT and The Palladium in MA, probably going to go VIP at one of those.

Blackguard is literally on every US tour ever.

And The Browning is horrendous.

Yeah, I am 100% with Bob on this one.
Very few people go, "Wow, Blackguard again!!! YES!!!"
I know we have been down this road, and there is a fork in it.

Turn left, and you can say, "Yeah, they tour too much but do make some fans along the way"
Turn right, and in my opinion, the majority say, "REALLY? Them again?" and don't take what they do too seriously.

Hey, if the biggest joke concerning your band is how often you work, that's not the worst thing in the world. :)

Hey, if the biggest joke concerning your band is how often you work, that's not the worst thing in the world. :)

Well, that's debatable.....
For as much as they tour, they have hardly become the next Children of Bodom, In Flames, Amon Amarth, etc (IE - Insert any other band who toured the US multiple times a year to get the fame they now enjoy)

I get both sides of the argument.
Any press or exposure is good to some degree.

Though as Bob said, if you play too much, and the general reaction is "oh great, them again", then what?

Conversely, if people do like you, and you tour TOO much, you get the, "Eh, the package doesn't impress me too much, they will be back soon enough anyhow"

Well, that's debatable.....
For as much as they tour, they have hardly become the next Children of Bodom, In Flames, Amon Amarth, etc (IE - Insert any other band who toured the US multiple times a year to get the fame they now enjoy)

I get both sides of the argument.
Any press or exposure is good to some degree.

Though as Bob said, if you play too much, and the general reaction is "oh great, them again", then what?

Conversely, if people do like you, and you tour TOO much, you get the, "Eh, the package doesn't impress me too much, they will be back soon enough anyhow"

Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom are EUROPEAN bands. They toured their asses off for a decade in Europe before stepping foot on US soil. By that time, they were basically making the big bucks. Now, both of those bands are among a handful of metal bands whose members you could probably say are "rich" from music.

What I agree with you on, is that nowadays (as in, 2012) it's not that you tour but the kind of touring you do that matters. So you can do 250 shows a year and all 250 shows are shitty and maybe the highest drawing one has a turnout of 200 people. That doesn't escalate a band's brand. This tour will probably do well though.

What I do NOT agree with you and Diabolik on, is this idea that a few vocal people on the internet have a say in a band's overall success. If 10,000 individuals bitch and moan about a band over the internet, but 20,000 people buy the band's album, nobody gives a fuck about the former group.