SONATA ARCTICA - Stones Grow Her Name

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.bravewords.com/news/178373 :

The new SONATA ARCTICA album will be titled Stones Grow Her Name, and will be released on May 18th via Nuclear Blast Records. It was recorded in several studios all over Finland, mixed at Sonic Pump Studios by Mikko Karmila and mastered at Chartmakers by Svante Forsbäck.

The album will be released as limited edition digipak, standard jewel case, vinyl and download. Check out the album artwork below:

SonataArctica-StonesGrowHerName.jpg

The tracklisting:

'Only The Broken Hearts (Make You Beautiful)'
'Shitload of Money'
'Losing My Insanity'
'Somewhere Close To You'
'I Have A Right'
'Alone In Heaven'
'The Day'
'Cinderblox'
'Don't Be Mean'
'Wildfire II'
'Wildfire III'

Vocalist Tony Kakko comments: "Our newest adventure is only a final touch short of being ready. The recordings went extremely well and the mixing is in schedule. Have to say I am enjoying myself greatly. I've had a very hard and work filled two year period writing the songs while touring extensively with our previous album, The Days of Grays. But it has all been worth it! Yet again we are introducing new things to keep the music alive and interesting. New elements, styles and new moods, talented quest artists and ideas for the enjoyment of the loyal friends of our music. Can't wait for you to get your hands and ears on Stones Grow Her Name! Hope to see you all again on tour! Be well!“

I really didn't care for the days of greta to much... I hope that this will have something interesting. I think 'shitload of money' is a very interesting album title! Hahaha

I've always liked the band's music, and love their hooks, but their lyrics are pretty bad, and it seems to be continuing based on a couple of song titles. ...... "Don't be mean"? "Shitload of Money"? Come on guys! Those sound like Edguy Titles, lol.............

I hope it trolls power metal fans even harder than the last two. Certainly seems promising so far. :D

I'm a bit skeptical. It's no secret that Sonata Arctica's songwriting took a turn for the worse with Unia, which was still alright. The Days of Grays sounded a bit uninspired if you ask me. I'll definitely check this out, but this is a band who's definitely not a blind buy for me anymore.

I'm a bit skeptical. It's no secret that Sonata Arctica's songwriting took a turn for the worse with Unia, which was still alright. The Days of Grays sounded a bit uninspired if you ask me. I'll definitely check this out, but this is a band who's definitely not a blind buy for me anymore.
Same here, but I remain a hopeful fan, so I'll check it out. Really hoping it's a return to better writing (not necessarily a return to earlier material) and greater inspiration. The titles are certainly amusing.

I'm a bit skeptical. It's no secret that Sonata Arctica's songwriting took a turn for the worse with Unia, which was still alright.

I'm with you, but I'll probably still buy this. I'm not sure why I didn't like Unia, but it didn't seem as good as their earlier work.

*insert picture of hammer hitting nail on head*

SA is one of those bands (Edguy and Hammerfall are two others) where I'm content with a decent "best of" collection. They're fun in small doses.

My only concern is that Sonata will make "shitload of money" into a serious song. :lol: And knowing it's Sonata we're talking about, it's not that long of a shot...

im sure a lot didnt like the change in Sonata's music but i dont mind being in the minority by saying i really hope its online with 'Unia' and 'The days of the grays' :heh:

See now, I thought Days of Grays was a much better album. There were quite a number of songs on there I liked. I can't name one song off Unia though. I'm definitely still a fan but like you, a little skeptical.