Sonata Arctica - Stones Grow Her Name

Thematt202

May 11, 2011
Chesterfield
http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label...8952.sonata-arctica-stones-grow-her-name.html

2012-02-20 02:00 - The new SONATA ARCTICA record will be called "Stones Grow Her Name", and will be released on May, 18th. It was recorded in several studios all over Finland, mixed at „Sonic Pump Studios“ by Mikko Karmila and mastered at „Chartmakers“ by Svante Forsbäck.
The album will be released as limited edition digipak, standard jewel case, vinyl and download.

The tracklist of the album will be:

01. Only The Broken Hearts (Make You Beautiful)
02. Shitload of Money
03. Losing My Insanity
04. Somewhere Close To You
05. I Have A Right
06. Alone In Heaven
07. The Day
08. Cinderblox
09. Don't Be Mean
10. Wildfire II
11. Wildfire III

Vocalist Tony Kakko comments: "Our newest adventure is only a final touch short of being ready. The recordings went extremely well and the mixing is in schedule. Have to say I am enjoying myself greatly. I've had a very hard and work filled two year period writing the songs while touring extensively with our previous album "The Days of Grays". But it has all been worth it! Yet again we are introducing new things to keep the music alive and interesting. New elements, styles and new moods, talented quest artists and ideas for the enjoyment of the loyal friends of our music. Can't wait for you to get your hands and ears on "Stones Grow Her Name"! Hope to see you all again on tour! Be well!“

Gunnar Sauermann, journalist of the German „Metal Hammer“ was one of the first media people, listening to the rough mix, presented at the FME last weekend. He comments: „Sonata Arctica was never more exiting and more versatile, as on "Stones Grow Her Name". Every single song is a hit!“

I've been waiting for these details for a long time, and now they've left me scratching my head. "Shitload of Money?" Really, Tony? That's possibly the most bewildering song title I've ever seen from any (serious) band. And Wildfire II and Wildfire III? That's interesting, not just one but two sequels to one of the best songs on Reckoning Night (in my opinion). Cinderblox? Don't Be Mean? The names of the songs are just... baffling.

That said, Sonata Arctica is the only band that has *never* disappointed me with an album release. Each of their 6 albums is a classic, in my opinion, and I've never grown tired of any of them. I also think Days of Grays is their best album, so I have full confidence in the band that they're going to release an album I'm going to love, but... Tony's really pushing his fans, isn't he? This album just sounds like it's going to divide the audience even further.

Yet again we are introducing new things to keep the music alive and interesting. New elements, styles and new moods

I admit I get a little nervous when I heard a loved band say stuff like this, especially with Sonata who since 2007 went off the deep end and at times seemed to play different music for the sake of being different. That said each record has, after a time, grown on me. So I expect this to be all radical and prog and weird but then slowly become accepted and great :)

Shitload of Money I agree is a very...odd choice. Titles are just that though, we spend too much time listening to the songs rather than reading the tracklist anyway!

I don't see why people get so uppity about Song Titles in general? If they suit the song itself and its mood and style it's a good song title. Personally I think 'Shitload of Money' sounds hilarious and possibly very good in a unique way, but of course we'll see when we get to hear the song. At least it's unexpected and creates an intrigue factor.

In any case, look forward to finding out what this album is like.

This news was just more ways for my barely-concealed inner SA fanboy to become very excited indeed. :lol:

Shitload of Money sounds hilarious, it'll be interesting to see what they do with it. Let's be honest, the band members themselves are hardly the most serious guys ever, it'll be interesting to see how they pull it off in music.

I wonder if we're going to get the next "Shy" in one of these?

Either way, can't wait! :D

Titles are important for me......at least in that they should actually make some kind of sense lol!

I agree with this.

I'm so stoked to hear it, though. I'm surprised it's coming out in May, I was expecting a mid-to-late summer release! I ordered their latest DVD just now to help sate my appetite for more Sonata :lol:

Titles don't bother me at all, however for some reason I am strongly reminded of when Metallica released the track list for St. Anger!!! I'm sure it will be great though and can't wait to catch the inevitable tour later in the year.

New Sonata Arctica song performed live for the first time ever at PPM festival... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHzUf_6K0o&feature=related[/ame]

That is a fantastic song. I can't wait to hear the studio version when the single comes out. This is great.

Darn, already taken down. Judging from the PPM clip though, it does sound like a very repetitive song - catchy as hell, though!

Also, the second 'making of' clip was posted recently and it's pretty cool. Lots of interesting clips to be heard on that one!