Sonata Arctica

the_3_toed_sloth said:
...does that mean you like or dont like it? I like how in that entire response you never gave you actual opinion of the band, just the genre in general.

oh but i did. i said power metal within the last 5 years (which indeed includes sonata) is awful...thus, i dont like sonata arctica.

Looking for a Job said:
well let's see...

power metal=horrible
horrible=nevermore

it can be assumed that nevemore is at least affiliated with power metal, as both are miserable

no. nevermore is not "power metal". in fact, your beloved orphaned land holds MUCH more in common with power metal for various reasons.

NineFeetUnderground said:
oh but i did. i said power metal within the last 5 years (which indeed includes sonata) is awful...thus, i dont like sonata arctica.

Heh i thought as much...i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on them then (with the implication that im right, and you have bad taste. which is of course true, as you have what, 5 cds or something? pfffft, thats nothing...)

I think the problem with people liking music is the fact that there are these 'categories'. Listen to what you like. If you are the person that listens to a Death Metal band, and then you think.... hmmm... I'm only going to like death metal! So you dont even listen to other bands. The fact is, you probably like everything else, except you lie to fit a certain group of people that you like. Your exactly like the kids that watch the OC and wear hollister.

Sonata Arctica is pretty good. I used to be more into them, but like someone else mentioned, I am kind of bored of that type of music because its just ...

power chord, power chord, power chord, power chord, power chord, amazingly fast solo, harpsichord keyboard solo, guitar/harpsichord solo, power chord, power chord, power chord, power chord, fade out.

I personally can listen to almost anything musically talented from Classical Music to Death Metal. I think the idea of being a 'metal head' is ridiculous and stupid. But hey, maybe im wrong and your all right.

TheApostle said:
I think the problem with people liking music is the fact that there are these 'categories'. Listen to what you like. If you are the person that listens to a Death Metal band, and then you think.... hmmm... I'm only going to like death metal! So you dont even listen to other bands. The fact is, you probably like everything else, except you lie to fit a certain group of people that you like. Your exactly like the kids that watch the OC and wear hollister.

Sonata Arctica is pretty good. I used to be more into them, but like someone else mentioned, I am kind of bored of that type of music because its just ...

power chord, power chord, power chord, power chord, power chord, amazingly fast solo, harpsichord keyboard solo, guitar/harpsichord solo, power chord, power chord, power chord, power chord, fade out.

I personally can listen to almost anything musically talented from Classical Music to Death Metal. I think the idea of being a 'metal head' is ridiculous and stupid. But hey, maybe im wrong and your all right.

This idea is completely irrelevant here.

It's granted that if you are here, you are not only a "metal head." I don't know a person here who doesn't listen to AT LEAST prog-rock alongside metal.

On top of that, the whole "lie to fit in" can only be pointed out if you were secretly once like this too.

Botfly said:
This idea is completely irrelevant here.

It's granted that if you are here, you are not only a "metal head." I don't know a person here who doesn't listen to AT LEAST prog-rock alongside metal.

On top of that, the whole "lie to fit in" can only be pointed out if you were secretly once like this too.

not everyone here is a metalhead. not everyone here listens to multiple genres. but most probably do.

but if you dont beleive me, look at some members' "top 10 favorite band" lists on that one thread. you know a musical fascist metal retard when their list looks like this:

1. diabolical masquerade
2. diabolical masquerade
3. opeth
4. opeth
5. bloodbath
6. bloodbath
7. diabolical opeth bath
8. katatonia
9. katatonia
10. bloodpethatonia masquerade.