Song ID

Lollercoaster

New Metal Member
Sep 20, 2012
Ok, I've been searching for this song for years and years now, with little luck.

This was a while ago, so it was probably released no later than 2005.

I first heard it on the college radio station 107.7 at central connecticut state university.

This particular station played predominantly metal. Especially gothic metal bands like My dying bride, Draconian, Flowing tears, Type-O negative, dimmu borgir, cradle of filth. Also other kinds of bands including Falkenbach, Chimaira, novembers doom, blind guardian, gates of ishtar, kamelot, strapping young lad, and occasionally opeth and in flames. I've skimmed through virtually every gothic metal band at least twice, and haven't found it yet.

However, it didn't sound very much like metal.

I don't remember the melody or the lyrics of the song very well. I only remember how awesome it was.

I think the vocalist was male, and the singing was clean. It wasn't dark, gloomy, or doomish, but rather joyful. How I remember it, his voice was soft, sounded like a mixture of Jonas Renkse (particular on "Day" by Katatonia), Helen Vogt (especially like "Ballad of a Lonely god" from Razorbliss), and maybe a bit of clean Akerfeldt.

The instrumental that stood out the most was the guitar. It was mostly clean strumming. Like the vocals it sounded very "ethereal".

Then another song... Same radio station. The title was something like "We're all crazy". The phrase was said in the lyrics. The vocals where distorted. It had a really cool and insane sounding bass part.

That's all the details I could remember now. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks in advance.