Song in progress, AD, PodX3, Impulses, EWQLSO

onqel

Jan 4, 2008
Norway
Since this is a Rate my mix/tone thread I'd really hope for some comments on a song/mix I'm working on ;)

I'm currently using Addictive drums, Pod X3 + impulses, Symphonic orchestra..

I am neither a good guitarist or producer, but this is my shot at trying something (hopefully) original.

"Blueberry Dackery"

(old) http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/nye/Blueberry_dackery3.mp3

!! Update 28.11.08 (final): A new version with Superior 2 etc.. ..and a fresh mind:p

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=897276

( headset-mix.. :eek: )

- Onqel

Hey...that's really nice. I really like it! Great job man. What free bass samples are those? They blend really well with the guitars.

Them Schecter Omen 7's are nice, eh?
Great for the price. I love mine.

Nice track aswell.
Dunno what you're talking about. Neither a good guitarist or producer? Everything sounds great!

Them Schecter Omen 7's are nice, eh?
Great for the price. I love mine.

Nice track aswell.
Dunno what you're talking about. Neither a good guitarist or producer? Everything sounds great!

The guitar is great, my first sevenstring.. Stock pickups is a little muddy I think.
I don't see myself as a good guitarist or producer, because I can't shred and 95% of my songs ends up beeing nothing more than 30 seconds..

I'm happy that people liked the production so far..
I'll put up an updated version later :)

-John

Great sounding stuff. I especially enjoyed the keys. I think the lead guitars stand out a lot. Maybe some delay or reverb would be my only suggestion.

Can you post your AD drum preset?

Great stuff, I'd enjoy hearing more!

Wow, great stuff right there dude!!!
Congratulations.

Can you tell me about your AD and Pod presets??
Thanx!

Wow, great stuff right there dude!!!
Congratulations.

Can you tell me about your AD and Pod presets??
Thanx!

Thank you ;)

I use a modified version of the 042808_Sonor preset..
most of the stuff is going on outside of AD on the mixer, so I don't think the preset is usable if you want something similar..

The guitar is EQ'ed on the mixer, but I can upload the preset and CurveEQ files.. It's the 2001 Diamond plate + Screamer.. Impulses are "New_IR1.wav" from Guitarhack I think, on the rythm guitras.. for the lead guitars I use the "Diezel V30 SM57(6505 poweramp)"..

Holy shit - was that piano in EWQLSO? I neeeeed that sample set, I think! Sounds great dude! Loving the whole thing.

Sorry, the piano is called "Mini piano dry" and its included in the Dimension Pro package from Cakewalk.. It took a tiny little dose of EQ and a little reverb to make it fit in the mix.. The strings are EWQLSO Gold.. :p