• Poll closed .

TechnicalBarbarity

Poser Disposer
Sep 23, 2010
The Capital of Pretentiousness
Manilla Road - Crystal Logic - 1983
a4248694909_5.jpg

*Vote for your 3 least favorite songs. This round will remain open for 5 days.*

Veils, title track, and Dreams, in that order, but aside from Necropolis and Flaming Metal Systems they're all more or less crap.

:yow: what the fuck man, Veils and Dreams of Eschaton are awesome. Surely the prologue is the first obvious pick anyway

I voted Prologue, Feeling Free Again and Epilogue even though I'm hesitant about the latter because I kind of feel it's an essential tie-in to Dreams
Yeah Veils is definitely one of the strongpoints of the album.

Reactions: CiG
Maybe one day I'll be in the mood for whatever Veils is trying to do, but to me it sounds like a Tom G Warrior had a stroke in writing a Celtic Frost song after laying down two chords and the rest of the band just kinda awkwardly went along with it. Retarded kinda-doom mostly-slog metal. I get that sometimes less is more and whatever, but I can't find anything to appreciate about it. I honestly would take anything off of Killer Fox's Orgasm of Death over it, it's a totally inane song, atmospheric black metal-tier garbage.

I didn't factor in the intro and outro and I think it's pointless to even include them in these polls. I don't remember what they sound like, but if they're short minute long acoustic or keyboard things, they're better than the three songs I named.

This is one of my favorite favoritest most favorite albums of all time, however I don't really see point in this. I like the album as a whole.

I guess I'm a coward.

I intend to edit the above "interlude" to "intro/outro/interlude" but the editing and like functions on this forum have been fucked for me for the past week.

Well no, but I don't really believe you actually dislike those songs more than the intro and outro. I think you're being a contrarian but whatevs.

OK, listening to Prologue, this is some pretty cool vintage 80s sci-fi synth stuff with a martial thing drum-wise. Easily at least a 3/5. Epilogue has a sort of a basement Hans Zimmer space piano thing with a scream and some rainmaker effects at the end. Doesn't do much but it's aight, 2.5/5.

But the tracks should be considered to be a part of their adjoining songs regardless. Prologue is literally an intro to Necropolis and Epilogue seamlessly fades from Dreams.