• The Veils of Negative Existence

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dreams of Eschaton

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Epilogue

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You guys need to feel more free again, geez. Everybody always seems to be shitting on this song here, but it gives a nice feeling of variety and some upbeat punch to the album. It's not something out of the ordinary for Manilla Road at that time, see songs like Out of Control With Rock 'n' Roll from the previous or perhaps even Street Jammer from the first. You can all downvote it in your petty game but truth is the album wouldn't be the same without it.

Regarding Flaming Metal Systems, I've also always felt like it was part of the album.

yeah, i like Flaming Metal Systems too but it was a bonus track that wasnt on any of the original/early pressings.

That being said i dont think this album has a single track that's above 4 stars. I think the Deluge and Mystification are better.

You guys need to feel more free again, geez. Everybody always seems to be shitting on this song here, but it gives a nice feeling of variety and some upbeat punch to the album. It's not something out of the ordinary for Manilla Road at that time, see songs like Out of Control With Rock 'n' Roll from the previous or perhaps even Street Jammer from the first. You can all downvote it in your petty game but truth is the album wouldn't be the same without it.

Regarding Flaming Metal Systems, I've also always felt like it was part of the album.

I actually don't mind the song but the rest of the album has an elusive mystical quality and Feeling Free Again totally breaks the spell for me.

Reactions: CiG
Flaming Metal Systems sure as fuck sounds like it’s from the recording session, none of their other albums have that sound. I wonder if it was accidentally left out or forgotten for some reason.

It was recorded for a compilation released the same year as Crystal Logic, so yeah probably from the same session but not forgotten. Though its placement on the album itself on the 2000 reissue does make me wonder if maybe you have a point.

Flaming Metal Systems is the best bonus track ever. I wonder about the “accidentally left out” theory as well. Otherwise, why have it as the fourth track on the album, rather than at the end, like most bonus material?

I couldn't vote for Feeling Free Again first round either. Yeah it's a filler song, but it's like the quintessential filler song.

Voted Prologue, Epilogue, The Ram.