SONG SURVIVOR: WORST OF THE WORST I

ESA1996

Jan 3, 2011
Espoo, Finland
GuyOne had an idea that we should make a Song Survivor for the worst song Bodom has ever made so here it goes.

For the sake of time lets vote for three albums each week.

Now voting for SW, HB and FTR.

Last edited:
Worst songs... this is hard :D

SW: The Nail

HB: Warheart

FTR: Northern Comfort

Yeah, this really is hard. None of those songs are bad. Northern Comfort was even my favorite at some point in fall 2010. :D

Oh, interesting. And incredibly hard for some of the albums.

SW: Deadnight Warrior. Crazy, I know. But it is all about details and current favourites I suppose.

HB: Black Widow. I was tempted to say Downfall simply because it has been played to death, but it really is a great song. Then again, so is BW. But really, every single song on this album is at least a 9/10 in my book so I am going to hate myself for picking any song anyway. Best move on quickly.

FTR: Nothern Comfort. I never quite got this song. It is great, but it sounds very different from the rest of the album. It doesn't deserve to be as underrated as it is but if I have to pick a worst song, it'll has to be this one.

This was way to hard. And it's not going to get any easier either I'm afraid.

Man, tough choices incoming!

For Something Wild, I have to go with kilon and vote for Deadnight Warrior - It's a great song but, in my opinion, doesn't match the rest (Allthough Lake Bodom would be the second choice here)

For Hatebreeder, I have to go with Downfall... It has great parts but man, I always skip it, same with Silent Night, Bodom Night, but that one has more energy

Easy choice for Follow The Reaper though, Kissing the Shadows. Can't get myself to like it

Not really any bad songs from these albums...
Red Light Pt 2
As far as hatebreeder does, I refuse to vote. Even warheart is great.
As for FTR, I like everything too. Maybe Hate Me?

Red Light In My Eyes Part 01
Bed of Razors
Northern Comfort

Very hard! All of these three songs would be masterpieces if they were on AYDY, BD, RRF, HOB or IWC. Oh well, it will be alot easier for the other albums, I had to force myself to pick these three. Not bad songs by any means but their albums weakest I guess.

Red Light In My Eyes Part 2, pure shit
Warheart, nice guitar solos but otherwise shit.
Taste of My Scythe, only song with weak bits on the album.

SW: Red Light in my Eye pt 2

Hatebreeder: Probably Warheart, this is hard though I really like the entire album.

FTR: I'm gonna start this off by saying there is no bad song on this album but the worst is probably Taste my Scythe

Naming the worst Bodom songs is hard considering I really enjoy 95% of their material. But here goes.....

Something Wild - Red Light in My Eyes Pt. 2 (Not bad at all but some parts just don't stick out)
Hatebreeder - Towards Dead End (has lots of great bits but the chorus (I guess?) doesn't really grab me)
Follow the Reaper - Kissing the Shadows (solos are fantastic of course but the rest ranges from just great to average)

one of the red lights
warheart, the solo is still fucking awesome
can't pick one for Follow the reaper, 2 gud