Song Survivor!

Yes to me. For many people the only bad things T,L&S has done is being in drop C and not beeing from one of the first three albums. Other than that, more variation than in Downfall, imho way better riffs and it doesn't have the annoying keyboard intro Downfall has. Plus, even though that doesn't matter as far as the song is concerned, T,L&S vid is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Downfall's.

Yes to me. For many people the only bad things T,L&S has done is being in drop C and not beeing from one of the first three albums. Other than that, more variation than in Downfall, imho way better riffs and it doesn't have the annoying keyboard intro Downfall has. Plus, even though that doesn't matter as far as the song is concerned, T,L&S vid is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Downfall's.

Meh. I love Downfalls keyboards, that song is one of the songs that got me into Bodom, mainly due to those keys (and one of the songs that best represents the band's sound).

I just love Downfall. One of the best solos I've ever heard, lyrics that fit the music perfectly and best vocals ever by Alexi. And the keyboard sounds used in that song are awesome. And the music video is just too cool. Well the parts where Alexi is waving his knife around are bit funny but still cooler than any other CoB video.

Brutal Hate said:
Epic fail

:rolleyes:

TL&S does have more variation alright. But I'm still amazed by the perfectness of the Downfall intro..esp the keys part despite having listened to that song into the ground.The song in itself wouldn't be one of my favs but the solos section and the intro are immense! :) I actually waaaaay prefer the downfall vid too really..the shittiness of the production actually adds to the songs atmosphere imo..The Deadnight warrior vid for me was their best despite everything and I can't really pin down why, but the atmosphere it gives off is so much more engaging than any of the new stuff after Needled imo.

Imo Trashed has the best intro of any COB song. Come on.. at first it starts with a fat, fast C picking - then this killer riff under it, Jaskas extreme kick ass playing before it goes into this really cool melodical guitar/keyboard part. Also the part before the solo starts... the short bridge after the chorus and then those headbanging powerchords. Just perfect!

New round guys, or wait for the next album? I bet that BD would get some more votes now. Btw. after reading this Downfall vs. Trashed discussion again I think somone should open a Thread for it. lol Downfall represents best old Bodom and Trashed new Bodom. Anyways, I'm just bored.

Imo Trashed > Downfall, though I definately don't think Downfall is the best of the older Bodom stuff.
I'd be open to a new round!

I would like to wait the new album, I think it's not necessary to start a new round before they record more songs of their own.