SONG SURVIVOR V

HoB might be a better album than Hexed and IWC writing wise. But it simply sounds like shit. After reading your post I listened to it again for the first time since ages, to see if I maybe judged it wrong. But I came to the same conclusion as always: So much wasted potential.

This album would be absolute killer with the sound of Hexed, but with its original sound I honestly cant enjoy listening to it. Its the only Bodom album where I feel that way. Even the two songs from the 15 Years CD (Boston and Jessie) had a better sound than HoB. I cant understand how such experienced musicians could fuck it up like that :(
What’s wrong with HOB’s production?

What’s wrong with HOB’s production?

I dont want to get get too much offtopic in this thread, but if I had to describe it in a few words: HoB Sound is boring and generic.

The keyboard outside of the solo parts is way to silent/far in the back in the mix/master (however you call it correctly). It sounds like Janne was standing in a different room than the rest of the band when they played it (I obviously know that every instrument is recorded on its own, but I think you know what I mean).

The guitars and vocals sound lacks the ... how should I call this? ... wildness, roughness ? The guitars sound way too streamlined as if they were computer generated instead of actually recorded by a real human. It simply lacks a punch. And the vocals, I mean simply listen to Hexed and than to HoB. Its a difference like night and day. Imagine this album with Hexed sound. It would be sooo much better.

Even Alexi said in his ranking that they should have taken more time to work on this album. Ofcourse I dont know, if he only speaks about the writing or also the sound/mix/master. But I strongly believe he also refers to the sound, since the writing of most songs on this album isnt bad imho.

RESULTS FOR ROUND 3:

RELENTLESS RECKLESS FOREVER (17 votes):

6 Ugly
3 Shovel Knockout
2 Not My Funeral
2 Roundtrip to Hell and Back
2 Relentless Reckless Forever
1 Pussyfoot Miss Suicide
1 Northpole Throwdown
0 Cry of the Nihilist
0 Was It Worth It?

HALO OF BLOOD (17 votes):

6 All Twisted
4 Scream for Silence
3 Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)
2 Halo of Blood
2 Your Days Are Numbered
0 Waste of Skin
0 Transference
0 Dead Man's Hand on You
0 Damaged Beyond Repair
0 One Bottle and a Knee Deep

I WORSHIP CHAOS (17 votes):

5 Suicide Bomber
4 Widdershins
2 Horns
2 Prayer for the Afflicted
2 All for Nothing
1 My Bodom (I Am the Only One)
1 Morrigan
0 I Hurt
0 I Worship Chaos
0 Hold Your Tongue

Last edited:
This is impossible. I'll say Soon Departed for now, but it might change. I thought three weeks would be plenty of time to choose a favorite, but I was totally wrong :D

Reactions: Woltimon
The hardest one :( damn don't make me decide which one is my favourite :rofl: Not sure If i go for Hecates or Say Never Look Back... or Glass Houses... I will vote later this week I guess

Best song off Hexed? Knuckleduster, for sure, if that counts. Out of the originals it's hard to choose, maybe Glass Houses, I haven't listened to the album that much.

iI can't understand People are choosing Soon departed or Never Say look back. for me we have to pick a song in COB trademark.
for me it's Hexed & This road & Relapse ... Cannot choose 1