Song that got you into Swano?

If it counts, I first heard him in Therion's "In Rememberance", and the "Theli" album, and I immediately said to myself that this is one of the best singers in metal.

That's when I started digging to find whose voice it was. Once I got a name I headed to Audiogalaxy and downloaded the song at the top of the list - Uncreation.

It totally blew me away, but since I liked his clean singing better, I performed a search on allmusic.com and found out about the Nightingale project. Minutes later I was downloading Nightfall Overture, yet another masterpiece.

I've been hooked ever since.

Yeh, 'uncreation' again (sorry)

It really reminded me of the amorphis thousand lakes period, even more so their 'black winters day ep.' Now these recordings hold great personal significance for me so there's a good reason to like dan swano already.

i also knew his production work from opeth, opthalamia etc. so his pedigree was good.

I don't have a lot of his stuff with other acts. Although i do have the therion stuff.

would you believe he's packed it all in for a job in a music shop!

good luck to him.

Official DesolatioN Dominion
smwitchingmoon100.jpg

"Black Tears" then Purgatory Afterglow then Crimson and Spectral Sorrows. Then I decided to check out his solo stuff, Moontower first, absolutely blew me away, then all the Nightingale stuff, awesome! Still have not heard, infernal, infestdead, or unicarn.

About 1992 if I'm not wrong a friend recorded me two tapes, one it has the lalbum Unorthodox on it and the other has as bonus track the entire Eutanasia (if I'm not worng again) demo on it , tha demo SUCKS!!!!!!!! but the album Unorthodox Kills my friends then I bought Spectral Sorrows and Purgatory Afterglow the same years they came out I don't remember tha years but.......
When the song that got me into was ENIGMA what a song!!!!!!!!

The song that got me into Swano was the very first one I ever heard, "Twilight" from EoS's Purgatory Afterglow. It blew me away! That was back in 1996, and I've been a huge fan of his ever since...