You Rock Dan!!

Jo

May 15, 2001
Australia
Hello Dan Swano fans :)
I was listening to the latest album from Sweden's Millencolin titled 'Home From Home' while reading through the booklet before I went to see their show on Tuesday night. They are currently touring here in Australia. All of a sudden it hit me. The song 'Punk Rock Rebel' was about Mr. Dan Swano!
I wanted to share the lyrics with you (I looked for a sample of the song with no luck) because Dan Swano has had such a HUGE effect on sooo many of us and he will definately always be the man! \m/

PUNK ROCK REBEL

'Hardcore skater used to be
One of few who inspired me
To get into the punkrock scene
The year I turned seventeen

Our first song ever Danny wrote
For teenage angst he was the antidote
An uncut diamond full of strife
His first demo changed my life

He's a rebel it's plain to see
Punk rock rebel so full of strife
He's a rebel and he'll always be
someone who changed my life

It takes a lot for a man to stay unbowed
He's the one and only "Svag and proud"
Partners we have been in crime
And in music from time to time

Although most known for his drinking skills
It's not the side of him that gives me thrills
It's the gifted poet I see in Dan
To me he'll always be the man!!"

:cool:

aha, thanks for the info. I thought it was a little strange...hmm well now I feel really silly :oops: messing up your forum with punk rock and skate talk. haha Let us never speak of this again. :D

Nah, it's okay. I'm totally into death metal, but I dig Millencolin too. Expecially their "Life on a plate". Lets call it Gothenburg hardcore :).

In Flames is death metal mixed with Iron Maiden and Millencolin is skaterock mixed with Iron Maiden. It's not that different though.

Jo said:
aha, thanks for the info. I thought it was a little strange...hmm well now I feel really silly :oops: messing up your forum with punk rock and skate talk. haha Let us never speak of this again. :D

lol :)
I was getting a little suspicious when they sang that Dan was a rebel :zombie:

I sent a PM to the_dying when I saw his Millencolin thread all alone out there on the 1st page but he replied here. :oops: :lol:

I like Millencolin
but it was kinda odd imagining Dan on his skateboard with jeans(back in the day they skated with jeans not the baggy pants they use now) and his hat sideways
:lol: