what dan swano project did you start on?

progmaniac1

New Metal Member
May 30, 2008
sinse there is soo much dan swano projects i am just wondering which projects got some of us fans started.

for me it was "dan swano - moontower" sometime in 1999. it actually was recommended to me because i am a huge dream theater fan. moontower sounded nothing like dream theater, but i feel in love with the album at first listen, and sinse than i tracked down many dan swano projects ^_^.:headbang:

My gateway is a bit more unorthodox than I would have imagined. I found Diabolical Masquerade when I was like 13 and absolutely hated it. A few years later, my friend who doesn't even like metal decided to buy "Death's Design" and I took it from him and listened to it a few times. It soon turned into my favorite album and I was dismayed to find that Diabolical Masquerade was dead. I looked up the credits to the album and found that it was Blakkheim AND some random guy named Dan Swanö, so of course I had to find everything by both of them. Swanö won. The rest is history. :headbang:

It actually wasn't Dan's project, but I got into Diabolical Masquerade and saw his name and all the bands he was involved in. I started checking them out one by one and never stopped. :lol:

I think Bloodbath `resurrection through carnage and can't recall knowing any of the band members at the time or hearing other projects.