what dan swano project did you start on?

Edge of Sanity's Blood Colored was the first Swanö-related song I heard. The first album I've heard from beginning to end was Crimson.

Crimson, 3 years ago. After that I started collecting all the other EoS albums, followed by Nightingale and Moontower. After that I started getting album from Bloodbath, Diabolical Masquerade, Demiurg etc.

Pretty sure I learned about Dan through Opeth's Orchid/Morningrise...which I didn't hear until around 2000 or 01....

The first thing I heard by him is either Moontower or Breathing Shadow....hard to remember...

I got a scholarship for school and went out and bought every single Edge of Sanity album in the same day.

Nightingale - The Closing Chronicles. It gor an impressive review in the Dutch hardrock magazine Aardschok and I immidiately bought it after reading the review. After that, it all got started...........

sinse there is soo much dan swano projects i am just wondering which projects got some of us fans started.

for me it was "dan swano - moontower" sometime in 1999. it actually was recommended to me because i am a huge dream theater fan. moontower sounded nothing like dream theater, but i feel in love with the album at first listen, and sinse than i tracked down many dan swano projects ^_^.:headbang:

"Moontower" was the first album I listened to as well. I happened to hear "Uncreation" and I thought it sounded really good. It was a nice surprise to discover who was behind the song.

Odyssey for me. Someone on a System of a Down forum, of all places, recommended them to me. He was a big Swano fan. I found the EP on eBay for a few bucks. After that I was hooked. I can't dig on the really brutal stuff he's done, but the groovy death metal and everything else is pretty awesome.

I because curious about Dan because of his involvement on the first two Opeth records. I picked up "Moontower" and "The Breathing Shadow" at the local Tower Records just to check them out, and that was all I needed -- I was hooked. Then Bloodbath happened, and then Nightingale's "I" came out... (oh man, now I'm going to have to go listen to all those albums today!) From that point on, I was searching out everything of his that I could get my eager hands on. And it was hard back then to get ANY Black Mark releases in the USA. eBay helped a lot, and I did a lot of online ordering from the Black Mark online catalog, and then waiting patiently (read: murderously) to get my CDs. The albums of his that I have in my collection are the ones I would brave a fire to go back and retrieve!