Songs between sets at NeO shows...

Svartwerk

Apr 11, 2009
www.myspace.com
Due to high demand.... (about three requests so far) this will be a thread for people to request songs at NeO (mainly Welkin run) shows... our lovely lighting man / DJ can deliver.

Indeed.

Already working on requests. Just throw out song names/bands and I'll put them on.
I also apologize to the people at the last Castle gig, What Is Love by Haddaway came on over the PA. This is the problem with leaving things on Shuffle.

That song has promptly been removed from my Ipod :p DON'T even ask why it was there.

Solstafir - Pale Rider
Slavland -Wojna Trwa
Primordial - The Coffin Ships
Moonlyght - Perils
maudlin of the Well - Anything
Klabautamann - The Wanderer
Forefather - Steadfast
Dornenreich - Nachtlich Liebend

I'll shut up now.

Grinning mouths - ISIS
Les Iris - Alcest
Not Unlike The Waves - Agalloch
Mortal Share - Insomnium

I wouldn't notice, I run outside to chug a pint and smoke some between sets. >.<
Some great suggestions there, though. As to be expected from these lads. :D

On this note I must mention how impressive it was to hear Virgin Black playing at the castle gig. Not sure who was responsible, never the less, awesome.

On this note I must mention how impressive it was to hear Virgin Black playing at the castle gig. Not sure who was responsible, never the less, awesome.

I like you :loco:

Yeah, Virgin Black frequent my playlist abit. Being some one who was ''scene'' back in the day I still feel that I should support and promote local talent as much as possible, thats why at shows I generally try to keep the playlists Australian based. Lots of Virgin Black, Empyrean, Headkase, Separatist, Amenta, Psycroptic, Drop Dead Ugly etc.

I will start searching some of these songs out and throwing them on 'the pod' for the next round of shows.

Very cool of you to do your part. I know that I've discovered a lot of awesome bands just by asking 'what's this playing?'
Always good to hear local acts being played in between sets.

I also apologize to the people at the last Castle gig, What Is Love by Haddaway came on over the PA. This is the problem with leaving things on Shuffle.

That song has promptly been removed from my Ipod :p DON'T even ask why it was there.

Haha I remember some odd songs coming on when I was at a NeO gig.

Anyway some cool choices so far,

I suggest:
Mirrorthrone - Dismay
Oceansize - Unfamiliar
Akercocke - Leviathan
Anathema - Fragile Dreams

Anything by Mourning Dawn, Forgotten Woods, Strid, Drudkh, (earlier) Empyrium, Fen, Hypothermia, Isengard, Klabautamann, Woburn House ...