Songs currently kicking your ass.

How's the tinnitus? Shame you can no longer listen to extreme metal, this year has been pretty good for both black and death metal. Almost certain you'd really like the Infernal Conjuration for example :(

Tinnitus is much the same; an unceasing roaring hiss, but I also have severe hyperacusis which is the biggest barrier to listening to the harsher forms of metal. I wish I'd stopped years ago tbh, not being able to enjoy black/death metal is the least of my worries at this stage.

Edit: I should add that there's been some improvement lately compared to a few months back where I went a bit mental giving away CDs for free and destroying merchandise... so I might be around a bit more often now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phylactery and CiG
New Volahn EP shreds.

I want to like this band. On paper Aq’ab’al should be something I enjoy. But in practise I find it to be an impenetrable cacophony. As it is, I prefer Arizmenda’s Within the Vacuum of Infinity, even though that relies a lot more heavily on its style and aesthetic and isn’t particularly subtle. I’ll definitely give this EP a shot.

Tinnitus is much the same; an unceasing roaring hiss, but I also have severe hyperacusis which is the biggest barrier to listening to the harsher forms of metal. I wish I'd stopped years ago tbh, not being able to enjoy black/death metal is the least of my worries at this stage.

Edit: I should add that there's been some improvement lately compared to a few months back where I went a bit mental giving away CDs for free and destroying merchandise... so I might be around a bit more often now.

Have you tried any of the therapies that article suggests?

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
I want to like this band. On paper Aq’ab’al should be something I enjoy. But in practise I find it to be an impenetrable cacophony. As it is, I prefer Arizmenda’s Within the Vacuum of Infinity, even though that relies a lot more heavily on its style and aesthetic and isn’t particularly subtle. I’ll definitely give this EP a shot.

Interesting. I never found Aq'ab'al noticeably cacophonous. I can definitely see that accusation levered at the debut but I enjoy all of their material nonetheless.

Try this one. Same style but it really picks up by the end.

Reactions: CiG