Songs of The Week - 2004/05/25

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
I got a huge haul in last week as detailed in the haul thread. Lets begin with the individual songs:

Agalloch - She Painted Fire Across the Skyline

Finally got this CD as well, If you are unfamilar with Agalloch, you need to do it now or else you're gay. Enough said.

Sig:ar:tyr - The Stranger

This is a the title track off their demo. The song is completely instrumental accoustic guitar, with influences of classical spanish guitar. The song has a story to accompany it. If you're interested: www.sigartyr.com

Album of the Week:

34920.jpg

Dub Buk - Idu Na Vy!

I can't reccomend this enough. Its a great melodic NSBM album. The premise is pretty much summed with one word: Slava. The whole album is for the glory of the Slavic peoples, and even though I can't understand the lyrics, they certainly get the point across with the dramatic music. In terms of musical content, there is abundant usage of folkish melodies coupled with some of the finest black metal I've ever heard. The album has a tendency to build and build towards climax, then fades off with an orchestrated russian military march for the last track. Its quite an experience to behold as a whole.