Songs of the week

[0hr]Sunlapse

Wraith
Oct 1, 2002
Rumson, NJ
www.getyourasstomars.com
Zyklon - Trascendental War - Battle Between Gods..... whoa this song gives me the chills.... the last 3 minutes are mindblowing, and that final noise is so perfect and wierd.... i wish they extended that noise a bit though....

Carcass - Hepatic Tissue Fermentation II..... A great fast Necrotisicm era-type song, so you know its quality, and like the above mentioned song, the last several minutes are to die for.... that final section is amazing, great way to end Necroticism (i like to think of Tools of the Trade as part of Necroticism, it fits perfectly)

Vehemence - You Don't Have To Be Afraid Anymore..... and the new Vehemence has arrived, everyone bow down before it, it obviously fails to disappoint, this song is amazing, very emotional, amazing shocking and emotional lyrics, great melodic and intense riffing, etc etc....

Weakling - Dead as Dreams
Nokturnal Mortum - Funeral Wind Born in Oriana
Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel
Mortiis - Mental Maelstrom
Franz Schubert - The Trout Quintet in A Major, D. 667

Ayreon - The Shooting Company Of Frans B. Cocq
Nightwish - Planet Hell
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - John Finn's Wife
Devin Townsend - Suicide
Viikate - Piispa Ja Minä

Pretty much the same as last week, with the exception of me getting into Accelerated Evolution.
Ok descriptions...well Planet Hell introduces a heavier Nightwish. Great orchestrations, and this song has gotten me somewhat psyched about the new album.
Nick Cave is as perverted as ever in his younger days. Another great murder/love story. Gotta love him.
Ayreon...is Ayreon. With a touch of Pink Floyd, or so people keep telling me. I haven't ever even heard Pink Floyd, but if they sound this good (though softer of course) I'll love them. I know I love this song. Hell, it's about a Rembrandt painting and it moves me.
Viikate is tr00 finnish melancholic rock. Get some.
Devin Townsend rules. Such chaos. In three years, 'Deicide' is all I'll ever hear...

Actually I agree very much with SunlapseVertigo, threads like this are pretty lame without descriptions. I guess people (just like me before too) are usually just lazy to think about other people's benefit. :) I often like doing these descriptions though, I'm just damn tired now.

Good stuff.

That's a funny Sentenced song, deadskinmask. The Cold White Light is a return to form...they sucked for 3 albums so I guess it was about time.

SunlapseVertigo said:
Vehemence - You Don't Have To Be Afraid Anymore..... and the new Vehemence has arrived, everyone bow down before it, it obviously fails to disappoint, this song is amazing, very emotional, amazing shocking and emotional lyrics, great melodic and intense riffing, etc etc....

:headbang:

also...

Evergrey's Faith Restored and When the Walls Go Down..

just love both of those songs..

Exodus - Changing of the Guards
This is one of the best guitar work in thrash metal! That song is so cool! :kickass:

Invocator - Excursion Demise
I rediscovered this kickass album about three weeks ago and can't get it off my cd player since

Dissection - Night's Blood
:evil: ...insane picking... nuff said!

Sanctuary - Future Tense
Classic!

Vital Remains - Dechristanize
after all... as some might remember ... I'm benton ...woo!!! :kickass:

SunlapseVertigo said:
Zyklon - Trascendental War - Battle Between Gods..... whoa this song gives me the chills.... the last 3 minutes are mindblowing, and that final noise is so perfect and wierd.... i wish they extended that noise a bit though....

Carcass - Hepatic Tissue Fermentation II..... A great fast Necrotisicm era-type song, so you know its quality, and like the above mentioned song, the last several minutes are to die for.... that final section is amazing, great way to end Necroticism (i like to think of Tools of the Trade as part of Necroticism, it fits perfectly)

every song from dark tranquillity - projector

Mr. Bungle-The Bends (What is more great than this song? Nothing. When I first listened to this song, I thought, "What in the fuck is this? I paid good money....FOR THIS? THIS IS NOT MY MR. BUNGLE!" About 50 listens later, I was on my knees begging Bungle for forgiveness.)

The Tea Party-Drawing Down the Moon (I absolutely love this song. Classic Jeff Martin vocals, starting off very laid back and sensual and then they crescendo into raspy, emotional vocals. The Stevie Ray Vaughan style guitar licks top it off.)

The Quill-Because I'm God (Is it.....Soundgarden? NO! It's SWEDES! Ekwall is amazing and the music is rocking and gives you a nice punch to the face.)

Kayo Dot-A Pitcher of Summer (WHOA! Could it possibly be Jeff Buckley? That's a no again. It sure as hell sounds like him though. This is actually the only song on the Kayo Dot cd that....resembles a song. Laid back, even when the guitar kicks in full force. Very dreamy atmosphere.)

Faith No More-A Small Victory (Faith No fucking More. Nothing else needs to be said. Patton's vocals are unmatched.)

Orphaned Land-Ocean Land: The Revelation (JEWS! :D When I bought this cd, I had no idea it was going to be THIS good. If I would've known, I would have bought a pair of diapers. The Middle Eastern flavored music fused with the spiritual lyrics and all out Metal attack is a wetdream. Mabool: The Story of the Three Sons of Seven is without a doubt one of the best cds of 2004 *yes, I can say that NOW* and this song proves why.)

Subterranean Masquerade-Observation Through Metamorphosis (Progressive Rock ala Pink Floyd/Death Metal/Post Rock and plenty of influence from bands on The End. I don't even know how to begin to describe this. Very wandering and epic, yet it all still fits together in a nice package and it only seems to last a few minutes.)

Saviour Machine-Antichrist III: The King of Babylon (If the Bible made music, this is what it would sound like. Clayton has such a powerful and emotive voice, reminiscent of Bowie at times. Whether you are a Christian or not, this music still packs a powerful punch.)

Orphaned Land - the entire Mabool album. I've waited a few years for this, so the album follows me to work, in the car, then back home. My best album of the year so far, probably best album of the year period.

Emperor - Curse You All Men; Very heavy, hitting black metal song. I'm getting more and more into Emperor and this one's one of my favs from them.

Ayreon - Day Six: Childhood; Hearing James LaBrie and Mikael Åkerfeldt exchanging vocal lines is just plain amazing

Bloodbath - Ways To Teh Grave; Just an amazing Death Metal song, very evil intro and Mikael Åkerfeldts vocals give me chills every time

FINE! WE MAKE DESCRIPTIONS

epic black metal. clocking in at just over 20 minutes this song is... uhh.... a journey to behold and fulfill. A celebrated classic. Very Hyponotic.

The first song off of the NeChrist album I just bought a few days ago, it kicked me in the balls...... nice merging of folk elements and nature samples into an extreme atmosphere

From Drudkh's Forgotten legends album released last year. I can't quite describe it, but people more scholarly in Black Metal than I call it a mixture of Burzum and Hate Forest.

A stark change from the previous selections, Mortiis's last album was more industrial. Normally I don't listen to music in this particular subgenre, but this stuff catches my attention for some reason. I like it.

Classical music. You know the drill, and interesting usage of bowed instruments and a piano. One of Schubert's most celebrated works.

NicodemiX said:
FINE! WE MAKE DESCRIPTIONS

epic black metal. clocking in at just over 20 minutes this song is... uhh.... a journey to behold and fulfill. A celebrated classic. Very Hyponotic.

The first song off of the NeChrist album I just bought a few days ago, it kicked me in the balls...... nice merging of folk elements and nature samples into an extreme atmosphere

From Drudkh's Forgotten legends album released last year. I can't quite describe it, but people more scholarly in Black Metal than I call it a mixture of Burzum and Hate Forest.

A stark change from the previous selections, Mortiis's last album was more industrial. Normally I don't listen to music in this particular subgenre, but this stuff catches my attention for some reason. I like it.

Classical music. You know the drill, and interesting usage of bowed instruments and a piano. One of Schubert's most celebrated works.

all i get out of that is "blah blah blah i like black metal and cock in my ass" :tickled:

Lord of Metal said:
Mr. Bungle-The Bends (What is more great than this song? Nothing. When I first listened to this song, I thought, "What in the fuck is this? I paid good money....FOR THIS? THIS IS NOT MY MR. BUNGLE!" About 50 listens later, I was on my knees begging Bungle for forgiveness.)
:OMG: I feel the EXACT same way. best Mr. Bungle song hands down, and one of the best songs ever.