Songs that you would like to cover

Jethro Tull is metal as it is, but I'd kill to here some Tull covers from a band like Darkthrone :lol:

I would like some of the classic OSDM bands be covered more often

Haha, yes, I agree. Tull is one of the most badass hard rock bands of all time. I credit them with heavily influencing metal. Still, some tribute would be cool. Have you heard Kiuas's cover of Hunting Girl? It's pretty awesome.

Jethro Tull - Broadsword (I envision a killer keyboard solo)
King Crimson - The Court of The Crimson King
and of course: Chumbawumba - Tubthumping :kickass:

Broadsword would be awesome. It's already got the viking theme. So would Court of the Crimson King; a fucking haunting song.

Definitely. Tool didn't do that good of a job. I've always said that Opeth should cover it. It's a very dark and haunting song that they would cover perfectly.

I know, I actually hate Tool's version. I mean, they changed the lyrics! Why the hell did they change the lyrics? Was it too cheesy for them to say "the winds of Thor?" They bug me sometimes.

I've heard that before and don't like it. I actually really like Belligerent's Opeth suggestion.

Haha, yes, I agree. Tull is one of the most badass hard rock bands of all time. I credit them with heavily influencing metal. Still, some tribute would be cool. Have you heard Kiuas's cover of Hunting Girl? It's pretty awesome.

they covered that? damn, i need to listen to my kiuas recs more often. or do they have a new album i'm unaware of?

tull kicks ass. some random folk metal band should cover kelpie. a cover of living in the past or witches promise would be fun too
~gR~

they covered that? damn, i need to listen to my kiuas recs more often. or do they have a new album i'm unaware of?

tull kicks ass. some random folk metal band should cover kelpie. a cover of living in the past or witches promise would be fun too
~gR~

The cover of Hunting Girl was a bonus track on the Japanese edition of Reformation. You probably can find it somewhere for download.

Living in the Past and Witches Promise would most definitely be awesome to hear covered.

Megaman 3.
-Snakeman's level
-Magnetman's level.
-Topman's level.

HAHAHAHAH, I got bored about 6 months ago & learned about 4-5 of the tunes from that game. I liked playing Shadow Man's & Hard Man's songs the best. Those were so god damn fun to play.

If I was going to cover something I would like to cover some old Tony MacAlpine, Greg Howe, or maybe Guthrie Govan. I'm not really that good though so go figure... :Smug: