Songs with simple solos??HELP!

Dwatira

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Hi to all the hard rock and metal fans!!
I play guitar and i need an help!!!!
Can you give to me some names of hard rock songs (or metal too) that have a simple solo?
i'm searchig for songs like e.g. Twisted sisters - we're bnot gonna take it or Judas priest - living after midnight...
TANKS!!!!!!!!!!

I would start in this order and don't worry about the groups. You gotta work your way to God-Like status. I'll give groups for the first couple instead of songs so you can pick a song you may happen to know already then applying it to your guitar work will help immensly.

Silverchair: Anything

Kiss: Early stuff with Ace (Not with Bruce Kulick because his stuff is a little harder)

Guns and Roses: Sweet Child o'Mine (Not to difficult and you proably know how it goes)

Metallica: One (the first solo that is clean sounding is a little more difficult but not bad. Now the second distorted main solo is even tougher but still not to harsh)

Slayer: Seasons In The Abyss (This solo starts with a string bend Trem bar wiggle on the 16th fret of high E if I remember correctly, then jumps to the low E for a slide down to the headstock then back up on the high strings sliding back up for some similar solo techniches found in Metallica songs. Even tougher and a little more acrobatic.)

Iron Maiden: Anything. Their stuff has some easy solos, some pretty intense ones also. Just try to avoid the 2 part solos. To me it's easier to hear a main rhthem while I practice a solo. Not two guitars going nuts.

Just remember to try to stick with songs that "don't sound that hard" and not jump into any Deicide/Megadeth/Petrucci/Vai or whoever from the get go. Stick with songs you know, or have been played to death on the radio that you hate them, but could recite them any day of the week. This will help you transfer what you hear in your head to the fretboard.

Also, if you play tab from the internet, try various sites for the same tab. Try to figure out what is the most accurate. Because tab and my advice here are just opinions and you know what people say about those.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by metalmaster666
Why not try hard solos? You'll only get better for it. Just take it slow and don't try to play @ full speed at first.
7 years of playing and I have to say you are right, I have always gone for the hardest most challenging solos because it helps with technique and helps you 10x's more in the long run, the first solo I ever learned was the Crazy Train solo on tribute, not too hard but hard enough to nail live, I have since moved up into the ranks of Death, which is nearly impossible to play live, and I constantly rewrite my solos in the band, I tend to write melodic Chuck like solos because I love his style, but I also mix it up with some hyperpicked runs a la Stevie Ray Vaughn and Johnny Winter, actually Chuck deos this too:) If you are looking for songs with easy solos but still kick huge amounts of ass go for Anthrax, anything off SOWN,442, and Vol. 8 will do especially Inside Out off Volume 8 Dimebag does the solo and it is easy yet challenging, Great Song!

Yes Yes, I love Iced earth too but depending on the somg, you will most likely need to harmonize the lead for it to sound good, the Inside out solo is harmonized too, but it still sounds great if you pick a line and go to it.

Originally posted by metalmaster666
Why not try hard solos? You'll only get better for it. Just take it slow and don't try to play @ full speed at first.

Agreed. It also depends on what you like and what you want to play. For me, I like minor scales so I like 'some' old Yngwie stuff, and anything by Randy Rhoads.

Try the following by Malmsteen:
1 - Far Beyond the Sun - the opening bars with the descending licks
2 - I am a Viking - easy and sounds great - stretches your fingers out too
3 - Eclipse - the main lead/riff - again, sounds great even on its own

Anything that requires fluidity sounds nice on your neck pick-ups too - especially Marty Friedman stuff (like his solos on Go To Hell).

And of course, Randy's "Mr Crowley". In fact, learning how to play Mr Crowley with accuracy is probably one of the best things you can do for your lead playing IMO.