Songs you dig to improve tightness

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Hello,

I'm currently trying to improve my rythm skills because I still think I'm not already at the best level I could.

So I just wanted to ask you if you have some cool songs to share that helped you a lot to improve your skills. :headbang:

Fear Factory - Demanufacture (entire album), great exercise for picking hand tightness and endurance when you play along through the entire album.
At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul (entire album), for some ridiculous downstroke rehearsals. Try to play with downstrokes as much as you can, especially Cold.
Nile - The Burning Pits of the Duat, another great downstroke rehearsal. The first riff is played fully with downstrokes... have fun ;)

I think that main theme in Man Made God by In Flames did the most for my rhythm guitar skills.
+ it's fun to play

I LOVE playing along with Arch Enemy's "Silent Wars", that constant barrage of 16th notes on the low-C is a killer! (at least for me, I'm the first to admit I have pretty wimpy fast-rhythm chops :loco: )

I used to play along to Shaped By Fate - The Unbeliever.
Lots of weird, grooved out sections of chugging where they throw triplets in randomly.
For ages my picking technique was sloppy and terrible and I tensed up for it and couldn't get through an entire song and it hurt, so I *HAD* to improve my technique. But for most people here that album would be a piece of piss to play through.
Cool album though, fun to play.

im going to say "arch enemy - bridge of destiny"

heres a fact - its actually a mix between a song from gaston Leroux's plays & an abba song mixed together. im not saying which songs because i love arch enemy so much but yea...bridge of destiny! fucking epically difficult song to memorize all the rhythms and nail them each time

Dude, Arch Enemy has a bad habit of taking influence from really really fucking lame songs - biggest case in point, the chorus of Instinct having a rhythm and progression frighteningly similar to "Lean on me"

FACEPALM.jpg