sonic maximizer

Genius Gone Insane

http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com
Aug 19, 2003
San Francisco Bay Area
www. ̄\(°_o)
Because of it's VST nature and its capability to use aptrigga, i've been messing with Nuendo lately. it gave me the chance to dilly dally around with sonic maximizer. holy shit. the tracks i had been using sounded decent soloed, but were muddy when mixed together, even after a considerable amount of time spent EQing.

using the sonic maximizer on the guitars and even drums, all of a sudden my guitars became hella more clear. HELLA more clear.

like i said, i'm just messing around with it right now, without seriously mixing, so i haven't found any weaknesses to it yet. I never hear about it on this board and i'm wondering why y'all dont use it--is there a better program, or do you just avoid needing it in the first place by recording a better signal to begin with?

I dig using it for guitar, bass and drums. It clears up stuff a whole lot. For end mixing I use Waves L2 Ultramaximizer. Actually any Waves plug-in in general rules all(I know the Sonic Maximizer isn't a waves plug-in). But anywho, RIGHT ON FOR THE SONIC MAXIMIZERERERERERERESSS!!!!!!!!! *echoes*

I think the politically correct answer is that you should be able to record and mix a project without a Sonic Maximizer. But there are processors/plugins for everything else so I've never understood the stigma attached to the Sonic Maximizer. I haven't used it on individual tracks but I've used it before my finalizer when I'm mixing to add a bit of sparkle/brightness to the mix. I've actually been looking for a second hand 482 or something on ebay for the right price because I wanna try it out in my guitar rack.

Wow, I'm surprised many of you haven't tried the sonic maximizer yet! I use it with my Pod Pro XT.
Hey guys try This with your amplitube or Pod! It's like a sonic maximizer with TONE!!!!
Alot of guys over use the sonic maximizer...it's very easy to do! One tip I learned is if you use it, use it on just tracks (sparingly). Not the whole mix.
Hey the Vintage Warmer RULES too!
Just starting yesterday I'm using THIS!! FreaKing AWESOME plug-in! Gives mixes a warm analog feeling ...especially when used with THIS!!!

I think the Sonalksis CQ1 blows Waves' C4 away!!!!! :OMG:

I didn't know the Sonic Maximizer before, so seeing such enthusiasm about it I thought I might give it a try. Damn it, that was a good idea !!! I can only check it out at low volume at the moment, but it really seems to drastically improve guitar tracks if used sparingly ! Wow, thanks for the info !!! I can't wait to use it for real !
Too bad the ValveTone thing is only for Mac, I'd loved to try it too...
If you guys know other treasures like that, don't be shy and name them ;)

Brett

I'm blown away that some of you guys haven't heard of or used the Sonic Maximizer! I've used it for years in my guitar rig 'LIVE & in the studio". It's like a -loudness- button! Glad you finally get to try it!
I've only been recording stuff (computer & D.A.W.'s)for about 5 years, and I like keeping my station small but potent!
Here's some more KICK ASS plug-ins for ROCK/Metal guitars....
Awesome for taking those nasty sizzle highs off and adding low and coming to Windows systems soon!!!
Just plain great on just about anything,The Vintage Warmer!
This helps notch out fizzys!
And here's a pretty cool tool! Works with ALL PC/Mac D.A.W.'s!!!! Tell Scott...GORILLA from Metal Labs.com sent ya'!!!

:headbang:

I believe so. If this is the thing in question.

sonic.jpg