sooo as connected as i am, i was the last person to know about Saddam's capture

when i said it i totally pictured my dad throwing his hands out to the sides and yelling "SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' like an umpire

goal.jpg

lizzie mcguire?

i guess it's not too bad for guys...it suffers from eighties femicentrism, you know, instead of championing equality for women it champions superiority, but hopefully there's enough equality stuff around now that it won't affect guys too much.

but for girls...wow. the episode i saw centered around Lizzie finding out she was really good at football, but then deciding that no boys would want to date her if she played football! oh my god!

so of course by the end she realises that she should just play football and oh my god! guys will still want to date her!

so it kind of propagated this twisted sixties-feminist-but-not-really mentality about being able to play football...but ultimately being a slave to the approval of boys so you can date! oh my god!

but this isn't stopping the wimmin from taking over! it seems to be creating this servile super-woman who thinks she's better than the opposite sex in every single way yet somehow must inexplicably serve his needs and desires and run around doing stupid things just to win his attention--

oh. wait. that's how men thought for like three thousand years.