sooo maybe this is already shwon by the ITT thread, but josh: how was the triac show?

no, the label hasn't recieved the full shipment yet, just the advance 100 copies that we had air-freighted to us on Saturday...so I guess it's not officially out yet =/

YEAH

So we were the second band to show up, after Onterio's Buried Inside. I'd heard some MP3s of these dudes and was not very impressed but they were really nice and I gave them directions to the best veggie/vegan restaurant in town, after which they split. Me & the band milled around the Ottobar for a while. Blake was in a bad mood because we had just gotten our first batch of CDs and the graphic designer had not fixed the typos I pointed out to him like 2 and a half months ago, and I had the bad sense to actually TELL Blake about it before the show. Buried Inside came back raving about the food. Byzantine showed up and sent the redneck metal dude meter through the fuckin roof. Eyehategod showed up and immediately headed to the apartment next door to take some methadone. Flowers in the Attic rolled in at about 8:30 (making the booking dude very very nervous - but they are chronically running on TobyTimeTM). A bunch of people drove down from Relapse in Philly! Super stoked.

Flowers in the Attic played a good set with 2 more amps than they usually have. Their singer Rebecca is fucking AWESOME and they have a nice slow plodding fuzzed-out thing going on that occasionally busts into some awesome fast hardcore-ish sections.

We got our gear set up and my bottom cabinet wasn't working at all...so I tried to switch the input jack and got a bad shock to my hand, said fuck it, and only use the one cabinet. Apparently this sounded fine. Set went really well, Jake totally fucked up our second song and we had to start over, and I messed up a couple riffs, but all in all it was a really good set. We added feedback sections between a couple songs that went over really well and Rebecca sang (screamed) with Blake on one song.

After the set I was really lightheaded from the shock I think, but we loaded out our gear and the bass player from Eyehategod came over and told us he hadn't seen a band that amazing in YEARS. SWEET!

Byzantine SUCKED. Total chugga doublekick metal. At one point the singer pretended to shoot a bunch of people in the crowd, then mimed shooting himself in the head. Blah.

Buried Inside was suprisingly good! Sort of reminded me of Isis, I guess.

Eyehategod took forever to set up and then were really really boring, but I was also pretty freakin drunk at this point and didn't want to listen to slow sludgy metal.

and we made $150 at the door! not sure what we made in merch sales but it wasn't that great.

Apparently there is video of the set but it's not that great - I'll check it out on Thursday night.

it's like programmed into my sidekick and i blocked the entire f'ing day off as like NO PLANS EVER ON THIS DAY NOT EVEN LIKE EATING BREAKFAST