soooo, I called KBPI.....

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
I called to request Safe Home and the DJ says, "HEY! You're caller number 10!"
I didn't know they were doing one of those contest, AND I thought the request line was separate from those contest lines.
So I say, "I am? Umm... could you play 'Safe Home' by Anthrax?"
And he said, "Uh, you WIN!"
I said, "I know."
He said, "Hang on just a second and we'll get your information." Then he put me on hold, then came back an got my info. I won a 6-pack of CDs and I entered a drawing to win (another) Xbox.
Then I asked again if he could play "Safe Home" and he said he'd see what he could do...
I was listening to see if they play my request on the air, but they didn't.
BUT the moral of the story is, it pays to request Anthrax! :lol:

So, please e-mail Willie B at willie@kbpi.com and request "Safe Home".

ok, I emailed Willie. Man, these djs probably think I am a mental case for sending them so many emails about Anthrax BUT I don't care!!!!!!!! I'll pester them until they play Anthrax as much as they play Metallica. (is that fantasy a little over the top?) Even if it is, its worth it, cause I LOOOOOVVVVE ANTHRAX!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock on boys! :)

crystlpalace said:
ok, I emailed Willie. Man, these djs probably think I am a mental case for sending them so many emails about Anthrax BUT I don't care!!!!!!!! I'll pester them until they play Anthrax as much as they play Metallica. (is that fantasy a little over the top?) Even if it is, its worth it, cause I LOOOOOVVVVE ANTHRAX!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! Rock on boys! :)

Right on!
http://www.947thezone.com/top20.asp

The few dealings i've had with nasty. he told me its not his department and to take it up with Willie wannabee.
They did play i'm alive the other day and it shocked the holy hanna out of me. good to know there is others out there hammering them over playing anthrax.