Sorrowed Man - cover tune

Dehumanizer12

Magnus Worm
Jun 11, 2010
Brasil
People...
I've recorded a somewhat of an ungrateful tribute to this band... Nevermore inspired me in a great range of topics, not only in the musical field, but also in the cultural aspect. So I've decided to record one of their songs by myself...

It's my first tabbing and recording of a full song with all instruments, just for you to know it. Anyway, criticism is very welcome and I know that there are many things to improve, like the mixing and specially the vocals. Damn mighty Warrel!

Here's the link:
https://soundcloud.com/harrynimbos/sorrowed-man

Timing seems a bit off on the vocals, but you can really hear the potential in them. Reminded me somewhat of Oddleif Stensland. It was a nice surprise to actually hear vocals that are closer to the original than some random death or black shrieking all over it like so many covers seem to do.

Still trying to figure out what you mean by "ungrateful" tribute though.

Thanks dude!

Actually the tempo of the recording in general is faster than in the original. I only noted it when all the instrumental was already recorded (amateurish outcome). So when I was to record the vocals it was really hard... It's the most difficult part to me but I'm really enjoying starting to learn how to sing reasonably.

Thanks by the compliment. I admire Oddleif's voice too...

By 'ungrateful tribute' I was trying to say that for all that Nevermore represents to me, they deserved a more decent tribute, hah.

Hmm, sounds like the opposite of being ungrateful to me.
I think you might have been meaning something more along the lines of this?

:D

Last edited by a moderator: