Ladies & Gentlemen...They're Growing On Me

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
K

King Purple Rainbow

I work the graveyard shift, and I've had a chance to listen to the entire album DREAMING NEON BLACK, my first Nevermore CD, three times. And more play time is around the corner. And I have to say the album is a really strong heavy metal album. All songs are good. Some I love. I love the guitars. And yes, Warrel Dane sounds a little like Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson...but when was that ever a bad thing? Of course he has a style of his own, after listening. I can now say that I am excited about getting the other CD's!

1. "Ophidian"

Creepy intro...I love it!

2. "Beyond Within"

This one slipped past me because it was my first taste of Nevermore, and I was studying the sound of the guitars, vocals, and all. After listening to it a couple more times, I said to myself, "man, this is a killer tune!"

3. "The Death Of Passion"

"I FEEL SO HOLLOW!!!" Great song, with a killer chorus.

4. "I Am The Dog"

Probably my least favourite of the tracks, but it's still good.

5. "Dreaming Neon Black"

The title track, it's a very catchy, pretty song. I wish Christine Rhoades was on it more. Her voice is a welcome guest spot.

6. "Deconstruction"

Easily the most effective lyrics. And a great riff during the chorus.

7. "The Fault Of Flesh"

Another strong metal tune, with a killing dipping sound with the riff!

8. "The Lotus Eaters"

My favourite song. My favourite lyrics. My favourite chorus. Awesome, awesome song. Anyone shaken in their faith should hear this song.

9. "Poison God Machine"

Killer guitars. That stop of music during the chorus "POISON GOOOOOD...MACHINE!!!" kills me everytime! Warrel Dane has one of the best yells that I've heard. Not a scream, a screach, or a growl. But a violent yell. It's awesome.

10. "All Play Dead"

Interesting song. Cool guitar stuff.

11. "Cenotaph"

Another one of my favourites, with an awesome chorus. These guys have some of the best choruses this side of Blind Guardian.

12. "No More Will"

Cool acoustic intro. Very strong song.

13. "Forever"

Perfect closing song. A haunting track, and haunting tracks I love.

My supervisor came up to me (the track "Deconstruction" was starting), and, with a disturbed look on her face, said "what is that you're listening to???" I said "Nevermore." She had no answer. I said, "You don't like it?":D She said, "it's not my cup of tea."

That's when you know you're listening to a good band!:D

Haha, kinda irrelevant but one time I fell asleep on the couch with the headphones on and after Forever was over, you know how there is about six minutes of silence and then the ophidian-like part... yeah the creepy voice... woke me up and scared the shit out of me.

Originally posted by Guerrilla
Haha, kinda irrelevant but one time I fell asleep on the couch with the headphones on and after Forever was over, you know how there is about six minutes of silence and then the ophidian-like part... yeah the creepy voice... woke me up and scared the shit out of me.

L O L ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's funny stuff!!!

Will you stop getting into the bands i'm getting in to?!
First i see you on the met boards, then the opeth boards and now here! :D I'm sure i've seen you somewhere else to. In Flames board maybe?
Anyway, i'm getting into them too. I have no album yet, but that will have changed by the conclusion of next week. DHIADW here i come! :headbang:

Originally posted by lizard
yup, sometimes people provide the perfect endorsement through negativity. if a person of a certain type dislikes it, it must be good:lol:

That's how I know now!:D

Originally posted by sands of the seas
Will you stop getting into the bands i'm getting in to?!
First i see you on the met boards, then the opeth boards and now here! :D I'm sure i've seen you somewhere else to. In Flames board maybe?
Anyway, i'm getting into them too. I have no album yet, but that will have changed by the conclusion of next week. DHIADW here i come! :headbang:

Well, hello...brother. :D

Great stuff..thanks I am right with you, wavelength.

"Sexual Herassment?" with super, i know the music...alright

hit it.

My Dying Bride - (LikeGodsOfTheSun) - Like Gods Of The Su.

L O L ! ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As if I'm getting into these bands just to stalk you!

Well, come to think of it... :D

Hey, man. I'm just kidding...mabye...

Originally posted by King Purple Rainbow
And yes, Warrel Dane sounds a little like Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson...but when was that ever a bad thing?

Since now!!!
You really have to get that shit out of your ear!!
Warrel's voice is much more powerful and warmer..Dickinson sounds like a geek, compared to Dane.

xxx Iris xxx

Originally posted by dead6skin6mask6
my advice to you, dont listen to the last.... 5 minutes of The Learning when you get Politics of Ecstasy..... i jumped 2 feet in the air... and i was laying on my bed

That's a good thing, right?:confused: