Sorry for all these threads.. another question about Sonar: Academic editions

Morgan C

MAX LOUD PRESETS¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
As you might have seen in my other thread I'm looking for Sonar 7 Studio Edition for cheap...

I've just found Sonar 7 Producer Edition, Academic version, on eBay for only $50US. Usually 'academic versions' are sold at a cheaper price to students or teachers (I'm neither), but this seems to be the normal version, normal price, plus an extra CD of how to use/teach Sonar, according to http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2007/10/16/aesnyc07-cakewalk-releases-sonar-7-academic-editions/

I am a little wary of it being so cheap (although being eBay it could still go up a lot), and have sent a msg asking whether it is the full version or just the extra Academic CD.

Just making sure that I don't get caught out - the Academic version is available to EVERYONE, and includes EVERYTHING in the normal version, with extras, yes?

Found this on another website.

Cakewalk Sonar 7 Producer Academic Software is identical to the regular commercial version. Buyer must be a student, a teacher, or affiliated with church, school, college, none-profit organization. Student id or similar id is required for the purchase.

I don't want to run into any legal issues here..

-Does this still apply if I'm buying it 2nd hand, off eBay?
-I'm entering uni next year (in the holiday between high school and uni), but not to study audio, do I still qualify as a student (if the restrictions do still apply buying 2nd hand)?

edit: I've posted this on the Cakewalk forums, as I realise you guys are not officials on the topic.