Sorta off-topic.. sad week for Southern Rock

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
By purely going on tangets from a thread, I ended up with something about Blackfoot and received a pretty good response, so I made a thread about Blackfoot and yet again acquired several replies.
I don't intend to make off-topic Blackfoot posts, but I suppose this is a worthy exception: Unfortunately former Blackfoot drummer Jackson Spires and former Molly Hatchet vocalist Danny Joe Brown both died this week. I don't remember the link as I just now remembered making the post here, but the Southern Rock world lost two legends this week which is a tragedy and I felt like it was worthy of mention.

Bryant

It certainly is Bryant. I have very fond memories of Danny Joe Brown's performances as well as Jackson Spires. Although many years have passed since those performances, I can still see them in my mind doing what they did best: rocking like hell. Anybody that saw them play knows that I am right. May they RIP.

“I am deeply saddened by the loss. Jak and I were kids together and then we spent two decades playing music together. Not only was he my best friend, like a brother for 35 years, but he was an incredible drummer and songwriter and we made some great music. We may have had our business differences these past few years, but I did go to see him two days before he died and I’m glad I had that opportunity to say my final goodbyes to him. Rest in peace, Brother.” - Rickey Medlocke
Very sad news for Southern Rock fans. Both Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot were two of my favorite bands, from any genre. Saw both many times and they never failed to deliver live. RIP boys. :headbang: