Soulfly

wankerness said:
There was a golden one about playing soccer on the first, but I don't remember the name of it. I just remember there'd be breaks where he'd be like JUGA BOLAS, JUGA BOL! which if I'm remembering it accurately means "play balls, play ball" >:p

I'm Brazilian...and it is ''umbabarauna, homem gol, joga bola, jogador''=''Umbabarauna, goal man, play ball, soccer player!!'' to tell you the truth the song is a cover of Jorge Ben Jor(Brazilian samba rock singer)...Soulfly definetely wrote some of the most cretin lyrixx known to man

See, what I don't understand is why you would post lyrics to a song like Mulambo and call it "poor poetry." That song is all about the groove, it's a very primal song. It's obviously not about the lyrics, if you can't see that, you must be mentally handicapped.

Edit: And if you're going to be dissing Soulfly based on the lyrics, you might as well do the same to Sepultura, because Max has never been the greatest lyricist on the planet even when he tries.

"IT a poo rafasee na ee na poo rat rat rat
um berdie afa say na poo rat safa seh na poo ra rafa seh napoo
um berdie na fa seh na ne na ne na ne na hoo rah!

TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!

it a poo rafa seh na ne na poo
ra seh come berdiafa seh na ne na ne na ne na hoo rah
seh come brodesee ne come berdie afaseh na ne na ne na ne na hoo ra!

TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!"

Chaos A.D. had some great lyrics & remains my favorite album that Max has done.
Soulfly has some decent stuff, but Chaos was by far his best work IMO

FRUGiHOYi said:
See, what I don't understand is why you would post lyrics to a song like Mulambo and call it "poor poetry." That song is all about the groove, it's a very primal song.

Edit: And if you're going to be dissing Soulfly based on the lyrics, you might as well do the same to Sepultura, because Max has never been the greatest lyricist on the planet even when he tries.

When was i saying that the song was all about the lyrics? i just made fun of them because they are shitty, end of story, which is a fact...i like the song too...and who told you the gr00ve is more important? Max?
And just fyi Chaos A.d and some of Arise and Beneath the Remains has pretty decent, serious lyrics, and i don't know why the fuck you are comparing them to Soulfly's lyrics...

FRUGiHOYi said:
It's obviously not about the lyrics, if you can't see that, you must be mentally handicapped

Says the Korn fan

illidurit said:

TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!

TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!"
pure genius

illidurit said:

TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!

TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!
TWIST!"

almost exact folks

I like half of Soulfly's discography. The rest got old fast, never got into them, or was just bland. Currently my favorite song from them is Flyhigh off of their Primitive album. I just think the girl sounds awesome off that song. But anyways yea I like them.