Souls,Demonic,Gathering

Rise

Mar 9, 2005
Glasgow
I own all the other but what are these like?Are Demonic vocals like the vocals on Low because thats my favorite album. Anyways any input about these? :headbang:

Demonic, is, to me, the low point of that era of Testament. It's not bad, but it's nowhere near in the league of Low or The Gathering. In fact, The Gathering is probably your best bet out of these three. Souls of Black is rushed and not as good as the others from that era, although there are a couple of quality songs on it...

I disagree.

I think Souls is the second best of the Skolnick era albums behind the Legacy.

I rate Demonic as the second worst Testament album with the Ritual being the worst. It's pretty much Death Metal and isn't what I like about Testament.

The Gathering is great as first but don't over listen to it the way I did.

It all depends what you like: I love extreme Testament, so I'm a huge fan of Demonic. Chuck uses the death metal voice the whole time, but the music is so fucking heavy it sounds like its going to explode out your speakers. I think it's underrated, but again I can see why its hard for people to like. Souls of Black is pretty good, it reminds me a lot of the New Order instead of Practice What You Preach. It's just got lousy production. The Gathering is a masterpiece. It's like Reign In Blood, but better! They all give the performance of a lifetime, especially Chuck, Eric and Dave Lombardo.

DiscipleOfThePit I can send you a couple of tracks from each album if you like man?
Nah its cool il buy them any :D i like death metal anyway so il like demonic i was pissed i missed them but couldnt make it :cry: Where they good?

DiscipleOfThePit Best band I've ever seen live... including Exodus!

I not seen either i pass up on the chance to see exodus which i regret. Any chance of testament playing up here? I really want to see them in any line up.

hmm i have always really dug souls.
i can't see how people think it's rushed.
sure the production is a bit ropey, but the songs are really interesting in their construction, cool vocal melodies and above all killer leads from alex.
the riffs are hard hitting yet a little technical (check out the double guitar attack on the opening riff on malpractice).

demonic is my least favourite as it sounds a little boring and uninspired.

Rise said:
I not seen either i pass up on the chance to see exodus which i regret. Any chance of testament playing up here? I really want to see them in any line up.

Sadly, not a snowball's chance in Hell. I just noticed you're from Glasgow too!

I had to go down to London to see them on Sunday. The Exodus gig in Glasgow last year was unreal too!

max said:
hmm i have always really dug souls.
i can't see how people think it's rushed.
sure the production is a bit ropey, but the songs are really interesting in their construction, cool vocal melodies and above all killer leads from alex.
the riffs are hard hitting yet a little technical (check out the double guitar attack on the opening riff on malpractice).

demonic is my least favourite as it sounds a little boring and uninspired.

I never understand why so many people slate souls either.

I was going to drive down but im way behind in my course so i couldnt go got 2 see anthrax so im :D aww no fair il make the trip next time hopefully