Soundcard question..

Jaggezz

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2004
Is there a good soundcard that you guys could recommend for recording? I'm looking for something under 100 bucks. Regardless of price range, anything you recommend is helpful.

I'd recommend something by MOTU (mark of the unicorn), but they might be a little out of your pricerange. I've got the MOTU 828 mkII myself and i couldn't be happier with it.
M-Audio has decent cards too, not sure of the pricing but they have some new stuff that looks interesting, definately cheaper than MOTU.

image.php

"Fuck off Sam, thats a piece of shit!"

yap m-audio is a shure shot. audiophile 24/96, delta series 44,66....
Humm I´m very curious about the new emu cards that com with the pro tools hd converter ( the 1212m and the 1820m) , built in dsp, all the input kind that one will ever need. 2 analog input card costs aroud 200 € and the 8 analog input costds 500 €. I am thinking buying one but some people experienced compatibility issues so i´m in doubt.

http://www.emu.com/products/category.asp?category=754&maincategory=754

Delta 1010s are good - never had a problem. I use a 1010 and a 410, so 14 in, 20 out...

No compatability problems if you use Intel, but a nightmare with AMD in Sonar. Worth bearing in mind :)