Recording Myself Soundcard problem

Mendel

Lag Arkane
Jun 11, 2005
The Netherlands
www.mendelb.com
I want to do this:

Record myself with the webcam and also record everything directly what comes out of my soundcard. So not with the mic of my webcam no directly what comes out of my soundcard.

My goal is this:

I can put a mp3 file in GuitarRig3 and jam over it with the guitar tone i have in guitarrig3.

I want to all record this + filming myself but some how, when my soundcard is used with a problem (like guitarrig3) i can't use it for something else.

So when i got Guitarrig3 ready with mp3 and all, i can't record with sony vegas or logitech software because my soundcard is already used for something else.

I have a Terratec Phase 22.

Same thing with Nuendo 3: When i open Nuendo 3, i can't play anything in windows media player for an example it says that the soundcard already is doing something else.

What is my solution now ?

I want to make guitar/recording lessons. So i want to record myself while jamming over a mp3 track in guitarrig3 but i don't want to record with my webcam mic, no... straight from the soundcard.

Help

don't know if this will work, but ASIO4all lets you choose which device to set as input & output
so in theory it seems to me you could find a way to route it to do that

Don't use GTrig in standalone mode. Use it as a plugin in your daw.
play the mp3 from in the daw, drag the mp3 onto a track to play it.
record to a track.
record the webcam, but keep the mic muted.

ps. don't triple post