Soundcheck for Anthrax!

Evil C.

Jan 19, 2003
houston, tx
Visit site
Whoo hoo. Im excited. Since I bought tickets online for one of the headlining dates for Anthrax, I get to go their soundcheck. Even though it means having to take off work early, its all good in my hood.

All right! Still recovering from Anthrax last nite. Amazing show. They played Among the living in its entirity. And they were spot on. Was actually excited for the reunion for the first time in a long time....

Plus the soundcheck was cool, and they signed my shit...

my two cents...

I was asked a few days ago if I was going... my response?

I saw this lineup on the Persistence of Time tour, opening for Maiden, and I don't want to fuck up that memory. Besides, I cannot stand looking at Dan Spitz these days.... looks like some shmuck that would play in Static X. :puke:

Plus I remember that crap he said about his guitar literally burning his hadns when he was reborn Christian..... :lol:

Glad you enjoyed though, but then again, they would have to suck immensely for you not to enjoy them. :lol:

A big fan of anthrax i heard, but i believe you liked the john bush era more. Anyway whats your first LP from them that made you the fan that you are?

1. No, I didnt get my actual shit signed, heh. actually got a silk screened poster signed. Wasnt one of those guys with every single one of my cd covers to get signed. Just one item. And they thought the poster was cool.

2. yea, no secret im a big fan. among the living was prolly the first album that made me really become a fan, and then pot just solidified that. so yeah, i started out as definitely a belladonna fan. Although, I really do enjoy Bush era, especially when he covers Belladonna!! heh

Well i did get it eventually the pot thing hehe. sounds funny when you read that statement of yours again. Anyway, John Bush was really something in Anthrax but joey has that melodic highs that i miss in the john bush era. My anthrax story began with the attack of the killer b's then The Sound of White noise- Persitence of Time, state of Euphoria, Stomp 442 and up to greater of two evils. Volume 8, We've come for you all, and the rest of the classics where unreleased here.. sad.

Mr. Arch said:
Well i did get it eventually the pot thing hehe. sounds funny when you read that statement of yours again. Anyway, John Bush was really something in Anthrax but joey has that melodic highs that i miss in the john bush era. My anthrax story began with the attack of the killer b's then The Sound of White noise- Persitence of Time, state of Euphoria, Stomp 442 and up to greater of two evils. Volume 8, We've come for you all, and the rest of the classics where unreleased here.. sad.

Where are you at again?

The Land of heritage of Death Angel : Philippines... Thats why most of my CD's are shipped coz most of all the music stores here are in the trendy type. The only classics you'll ever find officially released are the metallica albums. In fact Metallica is the only heavy metal band here that has thier complete discography released. Since Nu metal came to the scene here, they dominated the METAL category in every record store. They think thats the only metal that ever exist these days. Only in the 80's and 90's and early 2000 did we ever get a metal releases and mostly are in tape form.:mad:

So, you must really love the internet and the shops online. F going to brick and mortar stores anyways, they never have what you are looking for. Such is the perils of liking music that falls under the radar, and dammit, I like it that way.

Evil C. said:
So, you must really love the internet and the shops online. F going to brick and mortar stores anyways, they never have what you are looking for. Such is the perils of liking music that falls under the radar, and dammit, I like it that way.

Well actually i haven't tried buying on line. But there this specific metal store here that i take my orders too.. i just order it and pick it up when its already there. Kinda self financed underground store only the metalheads here know about. Is it easy getting metal CD's in there? Like a walk in-and-pick it up thing? (You guys are from texas right?)

in melbourne we've got so many awesome stores, they sell big label metal bands as well as the local bands, but its a little pricey, but worth it coz they get in special editions and things like that and sell them only a few dollars more than the standard price

the new sodom is blowing my brains out

not really easy to find cds in the stores here as well. Yeah, there is a store here called sound exchange, that has a nice metal section, and he will order anything we need. Ive been going there for like 20 years now.

I can find some things in my area but you have to know where to look, and I still don't find everything. Thanks to MSRCast I now use The End records website quite a bit.

Nosehairs, that new Sodom CD is fucking awesome.