Sounds like a great intro to a epic metal album!

dwellceller

Dec 20, 2004
Australia
www.myspace.com
A friend recently pointed out to me a great piece of music that was apparently used on a Lord of the Rings remix soundtrack.

To get the great impact of it go to www.youtube.com and in the search area type in "Lord of the Rings Requiem of a Tower Music Video" - it goes for 3.21 mins. There are other versions of it there, but i haven't really cheked them out yet.

This is really great music that in my mind sounds like it would be a great intro to a power/epic/ metal album such as one done by Avantasia, or i reckon if you read this Matt - a Theocracy like piece....has some Hans Zimmer touches in my opinion.

Let me know what u think - anyone who sees it ....
and Matt - let me know your thoughts of the music if u have the time.

I was just stumbling through some old threads and noticed this one. I know dwellceller isn't active on the forum any more, but just in case he comes back someday.

The song is called Lux Aeterna and is originally from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack. It's one of the most stunning pieces of instrumental music IMO. It's hugely popular and is used in movie trailers all the time (even when the music is not used in the movie or soundtrack itself).

One of the best uses of it is in Epic Frog:

Last edited by a moderator: