Sounds of the Forest

Moonsorrow's "Suden Uni" has a rather foresty feel that I like. Get the rewrapped and remastered version, shipped with a free DVD :)

Also, Borknagar's "The Olden Domain" conjurs forestlike imagery.

How the crap did I miss this thread way back when?

Where At Night the Woodgrouse plays is my favorite Empyrium, but that string section in Weiland is one of the finest chunks o' music ever.

Ulver - Bergtatt is brilliant, definitely in my metal top 10 and some days in my all time. Not that I keep a running record of such things though. :p

I need Tenhi. Somebody tell me 3 times to buy some and I will, I work just like Beetlejuice.

"The Olden Domain" is fantastic, probably my favorite release by them.
Erik, Sorath, J., feel free to kick my ass (ha! yeah right!) but CoF's "Dusk... and Her Embrace" has a weird evening-forest sort of feel to it. Not of a gay forest, either. ;)
And if we start getting into actual black metal, there will be too many forest-y bands to mention.

I've only heard one CoF album (actually it was a bootleg called Raredaemonaeon), so I can't really pass judgment on CoF, though it did suck much purple mushroom heads.

Black Winter Day said:
but CoF's "Dusk... and Her Embrace" has a weird evening-forest sort of feel to it. Not of a gay forest, either. ;)
Actually, yeah. That's the one Cradle album that Dani's vocals don't sound like a mule getting eaten by a gay vampire, and if they do you can't hear them due to a great mix that shuts him up a bit.

Okay I'll get Kauan next week, I have to wait because of the fourth request. :loco:

Nate The Great said:
JayKeeley:

If you don't get Ulver 'Bergtatt', I will be forced to kick you in the balls until you die from it.

Hahaha...memories. :tickled:

Actually, this thread is the BEGINNING of my Empyrium worship. I'm with Doom all the way now on his comments on "Songs of Moors...".

I think I remember you buying that one blind saying "How can a band called FOREST not be cool???" :lol: