Soundwave Revolution

Old Kings Oval (Parramatta Park) Sydney NSW is this accesable by Public Transport SOUNDWAVE REVOLUTION is being held there, Sydney peeps any Idea's

It's very public transport accessible. It's about 5-10 mins walk from Parramatta Station (one of the main railway stations West of the CBD). There's probably plenty of bus options too.

I has ticket. :D

I was pretty surprised to see the VIC edition in Melton, pretty far out of Melbourne, but think its a great idea. Soundwave are setting trends with festivals in Aus, and getting them out of the city is just another step to making them more like the big European festivals we crave. Also, its a shorter drive home for me lol.

There have been a lot of Van Halen rumours going around about them doing extra shows alongside their appearance at the upcoming Soundwave Revolution festival.

One of the biggest rumours is that the hard rockers will play the AFL Grand Final. While that seems highly unlikely as Van Halen will be busy tearing up the Adelaide leg of the Soundwave Revolution tour on the same day of the Grand Final, which is, of course, played in Melbourne, Triple M music reporter contacted promoters yesterday to try and get a definitive answer.

"The band may be sounded out for the grand final. Let's not say it's happening yet, but… there might be a possibility that they'll be sounded out to play," said Nui.

If Van Halen were to play the AFL Grand Final, it would certainly be a different vibe to last year's act, 80s pop star Lionel Richie!

The other rumour is that Van Halen will play sideshows.

"[The promoter] said sideshows are a possibility but only if the Soundwave festivals sells out. They've got some dates up their sleeve. There's a whole week that Van Halen are here where they're not playing shows."

Van Halen joins Alice Cooper, Hole and Alter Bridge (featuring Slash's Myles Kennedy) as headliners for this year's Soundwave Revolution festival, while a new Van Halen album should be out by August.

If Van Halen (EVH, AVH, Lee-Roth and Wolfgang Van Halen) were playing a show near you on the same night that Chickenfoot (Satriani, Hagar, Chad Smith, Michael Anthony) were playing, which one would you rather go to?
I would much rather Chickenfoot. Their first album was awesome and I am looking foward to the second!