South East Asia

fog.jpg

Hey guys, ever wondered what Bruneian Alternative Metal sounds like? Check out my band, Wan Long Kok, and our new material on www.wanlongkok.com. We'd appreciate any comments you guys might have. (Fans back home say we sound like devildriver + pantera + machine head) What do you guys think?

The majority of the Metal bands here in Brunei play classic Thrash Metal. There are a few Death Metal and Black Metal bands in the local undergound scene. Metalcore bands are starting to rise in the scene as well. Rap Metal bands, though few in numbers, do exist. The mainstream Brunei public loves it's emo, punk, r&b and local malay songs (pop).

Other than than that here's a link to our local scene's unofficial website:

BruBands - Brunei Music Scene website (gig news, reviews, band links)

and a mention for our local band friends (links available from BruBands): Senjakala, Karacoma, Incisive, Sadness In Her Eyes, Malice My Shadow, Draconean, Aces, Airholes, Not Famous,

Good to hear Bangladesh has a metal scene!

ahhh.....poor us....never had anyone to promote us anywhere........well.....all i can say is we have the best ug band culture not only in south east asia....i mean all ASIA.....we r the best....just becuz of most of the asian pplz dont understand bangla..they dont even bother to catch bangla songz......

well......itz up to u now to judge whoz the best.......i m posting a link of a song.....hope dat u all will enjoy.....plzzzzzzz.....do download nd if u cant understand the language.....then skip the vocal part......just listen the full track..........i will post some songz laters......

http://banglasmash.net/mp3s/Band/Aurthohin%20-%20Dhrubok/Guti.mp3

well itz a song of a band called AURTHOHIN.....believe me.....u will luv the instrumental part...........just try out this song...............

I'll have to download it when I'm back on my own computer.

Yeah I can understand how promotion must be an issue there. How many bands are there on the scene, roughly?

The Chinese underground metal scene are thriving in these days.

Check metal archives location session China and find all the Chinese bands there.

I'll have to download it when I'm back on my own computer.

Yeah I can understand how promotion must be an issue there. How many bands are there on the scene, roughly?

yah plz try to download the song.....nd about how many bandz???well.....itz a hard question for me to answer.........we have about 150+ UG bandz......i dont know really.....but not less then 150 for sure......

now i m gonna post another song.........itz an english number.......so i guess it will be easy for u to catch the song......band's name is NEMESIS......itz a soft rock/alter rock band......well i know NEMESIS isnt the best name for a rock band......but.....letz just cut the band name part......PLZ download nd listen to this song........song name is GONE....so enjoy....

http://banglasmash.net/mp3s/Band/Nemesis%20-%20Onneshon/04%20Gone.mp3

LYRICS:
sleep falls to her feet
in this night she retreats
waiting in her lines
in the shadows of painful treats
she has'y seen him in ages
has she gone too far?
trapped inside her cages
bares these permanent scars

Gone....she'll be gone
Gone....she'll be far away
From her lines

someday she looks
someday she turns away
bruised across the sun
silently fades the day
she hasn't seen him in years now
is she out of her mind
trapped inside by fear now
oh no she's just blind

Gone....she'll be gone
Gone...she'll be far away
From her lines
Gone....she'll be gone
Gone...she'll be far away
From her lines

And he'll hold and he'll hold you
till there's a sunlight,sunlight
and he'll hold you and he'll hold you
till you shine out bright.........
and there's nobody else
for you to call
and there's nothing else
oh nothing at all
and its just another day
that she fades away

Can someone tell me where can I find some Rudra material? I am Indian, so Vedic Metal interests me. But I can't find any of that stuff, its so damn frustrating.

heretic kid, I'll check out all the links when I'm back in Melbourne. 150 bands is a lot - it sounds like there's a good local scene.