South East Asia

Have you heard Tengkorak? Well, they quite well-known here. Or, Siksa Kubur? The underground metal scene is still survive in Indonesia. Oh yeah, the Metalik Klinik Asia compilation albim has been released. It contained great Asian metal jerky from all over Asia, such as Japan, Korea, Malaysia, and Thailand.Unfortunately i don't have the links for you to download them :D

Dzhainoll said:
:cool:
I really shocked with your support. I actually don't expect that there would be somebody from other places on Earth wanted to know 'bout bands from SEA.
Thanx for your interested.
I have asked more person from SEA to join the UM forum.
Maybe in the future you can get more information from these guys...

Do you have the links now?

Overall, it seems to me that the SEA scene is going down the shitter. It seems to be holding on, but fuck that. It should be growing. What's wrong?

Hi !!!
I'm an italian metal fan and i'd like to know if it's possible
to get some of the albums of Asian heavy metal bands like POWER METAL, CROMOK, WARFAZE, ARTCELL, ROCKSTARTA...and others
THanx
Metalraiser

Hi !!!
I'm an italian metal fan and i'd like to know if it's possible
to get some of the albums of Asian heavy metal bands like POWER METAL, CROMOK, WARFAZE, ARTCELL, ROCKSTARTA...and others
THanx
FAB:Metalraiser

Good to see there are metalheads in India!

No real ideas! Perhaps if we keep writing shit up here people will see that the forum is active again and will return!

I worship music, Bruce. I learned about the concept of connection from a sitarist from India. I wonder if we are talking about the same thing.

Do you mean "worship" in that playing music is a ritual through which you can become a medium for the Great Spririt's message? There is a point in the jam at which you seem to lose control of your fingers and there's this connection which can only be described in the spiritual realm.

When people dance: beat a drum: blow a horn, perhaps they can reach the same state.

The problem with European music is that it's structured and controled. The value depends too much on the complexity within a narrow 12 tone scale. The music is too controlled and thus loses its spirituality.

Spiritual improvisation is exactly what's missing im metal. South Asia, along with the greater Hindu-influenced community, should remind us of that (in my opinion).

----------------

While I'm at it Roots by Sepultura is my first recommendation for Asian metal fans. It's downright tribal.

Y'all have so much more to offer than you realise. Stand up and show us how it's really done.

Yeh, sort of. There seems to be an abstract nature, however, which could be nurtured into a revolutionary aproach. I've noticed an underlying current in the music from India and Indonesia in particular, which seems to be searching for something more.

I've thought of another idea about how to tap into that current. We all know that tuning down can give a thicker sound, but it can also allow more extensive bending of the strings. Perhaps tuning way down and bending the hell out of the strings could help with establishing an unique sound about which the locals can get more excited. Also, why not make extensive use of the slide?

The transition between notes is often more powerful than the notes themselves.

I don't mean to tell anyone how to play, I'm just making general suggestions. :)

It would be nice if bands in Asia could blend a bit of their local music into their metal. Nile made it work with Egyptian music (even if they're not Egyptian), so I'm sure other forms would go well with it too.

MourningSound Asia Fans survey + CD givesaway. Take part in our survey before 9/11'05 to stand a chance to win some CD from MourningSound
Go to:
http://www.mourningsound.com
for more information and to take part in Survey.

Only Residents in Asia are eligible to take part in the survey- sorry for any disappointment caused.

1 lucky winner will win a package consisting of 5CD’s from the MourningSound catalogue

5 other lucky winners will win one of the following CD’s-
1]Archaea[Aus]-Eudemonic Promiscuity Ep 2]TruthCorroded[Aus]-Our Enemy is the Weapon,
3]China Runs Blood-China Brutal Metal Compilation 4]Anthelion[Tw]-Bloodstained Anthelion
5] Unforgotten Past- In memory of Chuck Schuldiner (A tribute by various bands from Asia and Europe)
6]Bhelliom[Sg]- Within Nowhere

Thank you
MourningSound
http://www.mourningsound.com