Southampton. 1st date on the tour

TTOS

Feb 12, 2007
Southampton, UK
myspace.com
Caught Evile last night at southampton, funnily enough they were the middle band out of three. Seriously cool gig, tight as fuck and very enjoyable...

However, who the fuck are sanctity??? I've never heard of them, why were they headlining over Evile? They sounded like an even shittier Trivium. Romeo were pretty cool though, it's nice to see Peter Andre has moved on from throwaway pop to fronting a metalcore band........

Setlist (to my memory)

First Blood
Killer From The Deep
Thrasher
Man Against Machine
We Who Are About To Die
Burned Alive
Bathe In Blood
Enter The Grave

Perhaps not in perfect order but those were the songs they played.

Anyway, great fucking show. Romeo Must Die were...ok (their bass player was hilarious) but nothing special, certainly into it :p

Evile were, well, fucking thrash. There was definitely good crowd reaction, couple of songs got some big pits but for most of the show it was me and a few other guys headbanging like shit (I was Frodo Baggins, apparently). Great setlist (no Armoured Assault but I can live with that) and a fucking tight performance.

I didn't hang around for Sanctity, watched a couple of songs and talked to Matt about how the singer and bassist of Sanctity looked exactly like the lovechilds of Trivium and Metallica's respective members. Roadrunner's secret science department have been hard at work it seems. Sanctity were properly into it but not really my thing, vocals annoyed me (and the singer made an absolutely cringe-worthy joke which I'd rather not recall).

I only managed to get one photo before my camera ran out of battery (I coulda got a picture of myself with Matt and Mike as well!):

PICT0457.jpg

EDIT: Anyone see the kid in the My Chemical Romance shirt holding onto his girlfriend for dear life during Evile? His expression was so frightened, it was hilarious.