Montreal - Scott : "The best show so far on this tour!"

mentalmeltdown

Horatio McAllister
Feb 18, 2002
Sainte-Foy Beach
Here are a couple of details from the Montreal show:

- Bought myself a t-shirt for 40$ CAN : the flame WCFYA... really cool looking... got pictures w/ Bush and Charlie and a couple of band pictures during the show.
- The setlist for Anthrax, in no particular order:

Contact
What Doesn't die
Black Dahlia
Safe Home
Nobody Knows Anything
Caught in the mosh
NFL
Antisocial
Got the time
Only
1000 Points of hate
Inside Out
closer: Bring Da Noize

A kick ass show, and it was my first Anthrax show! I was in front of Scott the whole time and I got crushed a couple of times at the security barriers..but it was worth it! :cool: Oh and my cries for "Lone Justice" and "WARDANCE!!!!" have been in vain, since they didn't play neither of them...
cry.gif

I didn't stay for Motorhead 'cause I'll see them this summer opening for Maiden. The opening bands were Soulforge and Havochate - they were ok but nothing I'd pay money to listen to..

Wasn't a bad show at all, I enjoyed it! Absolutely not a favorite in my book, but it rocked anyway.

I was on the front/side, against the barrier.

The bassist rocked. Very active, whenever I was bored by those shitty new songs I would check out the bassist cause he fuckin moves and is fun to watch.

Playing ability... nothing impressive... Scott was ok, well you know, Scott is Scott... And that other guitarist was mediocre at best. This is not what I call good lead guitar. Anthrax may not be about the solos and technical playing ability that much, but the lead sucked anyway. Havochate had better guitars. Nothing impressive with the drums either, no drum solo to kick your face, or jaw dropping tweaks with the songs' drums. At least they kept the beat!

The setlist. I usually don't brag at setlists, but come on. There are so many songs in Anthrax's catalogue that blows this away. In my world, Indians, Stand or fall, Madhouse, Among the living, Time... even fuckin Metal Thrashing Mad. You don't have to look very far to find something in Anthrax's catalogue to build a setlist that crushes what we saw at Montreal tonight.

What did they do with Metal Thrashing Mad anyway? It was written on the setlist. Did they fuckin forget it? Sure, the songwriting's a bit sloppy on that one, but it still severely slaughters some of the crap they didn't forget earlier in the show.

Caught in a mosh... great song, but retrogrades to good/mediocre when arranged poorly and when the solo's left off. Damn it.

Antisocial ruled. Weird that a punkrock song makes my night. Good ol punkrock Anthrax style. I dig it! That show had its good times. NFL, Got the time, 1000 points of hate, Antisocial, the well arranged parts of Caught in a mosh... Nice.

So overall, this wasn't bad, I've had a good time... but Anthrax is no Slayer or Blind Guardian or Iced Earth or Symphony X or most metal shows I went to lately anyway. That's what happens when half of your live set and discography sucks. If you were at Blind Guardian, compare the crowd's excitement for fun! You didn't hear "Anthrax, Anthrax" between each song tonight, with the whole crowd ramming the venue like thunder.

mentalmeltdown said:
Oh and my cries for "Lone Justice" and "WARDANCE!!!!" have been in vain, since they didn't play neither of them...
cry.gif

At least you tried....