Holy Shit! Awesome Show!

Chris528

Apr 25, 2003
Williamsburg, Va
Visit site
I just got home from the first show with Motorhead and it was awesome. Anthrax kicked fucking ass. I had way too much drink and should not of drove home, but it was worth it. Thanks Pearl for the drink. I hung out with Scott,Charlie,Frank,John, and Rob most of the night. They were great to hang out with. The show started way behind schedule, but I did not care. The opening band "Havochate" really sucked. Anthrax and Motorhead were awesome. I seen Motorhead a few times and finally got to meet Lemmy. He was a pretty laid back guy. Everyone need to go see this tour. Only bad thing was that they did not have WCFYA for sale at the show. This pissed me off because I waited to get it so I could get it at the show. I totally cannot wait to see them again. Later.................

Cool Chris - good to hear you enjoyed the gig. You've raised a good point - why don't the band sell the record at the shows - surely this would increase sales hugely?? Are ther not allowed to cause of distributors or something ?

SETLIST!!!!! I'm assuming they start off with Contact and flow it into What Doesn't Die like on the CD...

How long did they get to play?

I was pretty drunk at the show, but here is what I remember.
In no particular order:
Bring The Noise
Only Safe Home
Never
Metal Thrashing Mad
N.F.I.
Ball Of Confusion
Got The Time
Antisocial
I Am The Law

Their was more, but I cant remember right now. I dont remember what they started with but I know they finished with I am the law.

I was pretty damn drunk. I was listenig to Return O The Killer A's on the way home full blast to keep me awake so I might have got a little mixed up. I was hanging out backstage all night and the alcohol was free. I still dont know how I made it all the way home.

I was at the philly show on tuesday. Anthrax didnt play as long as I wanted, but Im sure they will be back during the summer. Black DAhlia was intense. This was my second anthrax show. Seen them on the Monsters of Metal or whatever it was called when persisance of time came out. Gotta give props to John Bush, dude blows Joey out of the water. Sorry Joey we love you. Seen Anthrax before the show. Was hanging by the tour buses. Which seemed to have a steady flow of babes. Said hi to the guys. Cant wait for the headline tour in the future. However Minstry laid down a killer set. My first ministry gig, and boy, not my last. Al Jourgensen jumped in the pit during Anthrax's set. Total chaos!!!! Had a great night! Not to mention I saw Jasmine St Claire out front of the Electric Factory that night. didnt know she was an Anthrax fan. One more reason to go to the next show! ;)

MeTaLMiKe!

jdelpi said:
It's certainly nothing to brag about.
The "system" needs drunk drivers. Do you know how much revenue they bring in????????????????????????????????? When I had my "court date", lil ol Athens County (pop: 20,000) had 32 DUI's that month!!! Each and every one was fined $700. And that was an off month. DUI's are a business, and good one.

On a serious note, drinking and driving is bad, take a cab, sleep in your car, whatever. I don't judge drunk drivers though, we all make mistakes, and just about every politician, judge, and attorney I know, DRINK AND DRIVE EVERY NIGHT. That doesn't make it right, it just illustrates how screwed up the system is.

PS: I don't drink and drive.

metalmike856 said:
I was at the philly show on tuesday. Anthrax didnt play as long as I wanted, but Im sure they will be back during the summer. Black DAhlia was intense. This was my second anthrax show. Seen them on the Monsters of Metal or whatever it was called when persisance of time came out. Gotta give props to John Bush, dude blows Joey out of the water. Sorry Joey we love you. Seen Anthrax before the show. Was hanging by the tour buses. Which seemed to have a steady flow of babes. Said hi to the guys. Cant wait for the headline tour in the future. However Minstry laid down a killer set. My first ministry gig, and boy, not my last. Al Jourgensen jumped in the pit during Anthrax's set. Total chaos!!!! Had a great night! Not to mention I saw Jasmine St Claire out front of the Electric Factory that night. didnt know she was an Anthrax fan. One more reason to go to the next show! ;)

MeTaLMiKe!
i was at the show in Philly too--yer right, the set was too short---but i'll take what i can get!---I was also surpriseingly impressed by Ministry---but i'd trade them for Motorhead any day of the week!---the pit was exceptional!---i was worried it would be a bunch of younger pukes who don't know from thrash :D ---i'm sporting a shiner from that night, and i wearing it with pride, cuz Anthrax still fuckin shredz!

Well, according to all of you, it seems they are hardly playing for an hour! for how long odes Motorhead play?

TD said:
The "system" needs drunk drivers. Do you know how much revenue they bring in????????????????????????????????? When I had my "court date", lil ol Athens County (pop: 20,000) had 32 DUI's that month!!! Each and every one was fined $700. And that was an off month. DUI's are a business, and good one.

On a serious note, drinking and driving is bad, take a cab, sleep in your car, whatever. I don't judge drunk drivers though, we all make mistakes, and just about every politician, judge, and attorney I know, DRINK AND DRIVE EVERY NIGHT. That doesn't make it right, it just illustrates how screwed up the system is.

PS: I don't drink and drive.

I know you're joking, but just to clarify, we fine such people because they impose costs on society, so it's not like it's really creating wealth for society or "adding to the pie."

And given that OU is in Athens, 32 DUIs seems low.
err.gif